Based 510

Tigerbomb

After a few months of searching, in December of 2013 i was able to find a 510 with a good body without a considerable amount of rust. I grabbed it and after some planning and research (you guys are dope. a lot of info on here.) I finally decided on my build and what i would like to do with my 510. First let me post some pictures. 

DKN9i1N.jpg

5DTvSnq.jpg

That was back in January. At the time the clutch was faulty, the brakes were shot and there was a pretty bad rod knock. Since then i made a check list of what to do and in which order. I took my motor to Rebello's to have them rebuild the L-18. It's being bored into a 1.9, adding two 45mm OER Side Draft carbs, just rebuilding it from the short block up. 

The car needs to be rewired as well. The previous owner decided he/she wanted to have a interior of a Honda Prelude. Prelude power seats, center console unit, Power windows and reupholstered back seats.Interior wise i've been basically trying to take out what is in there, and go original. I started to chase my own ass in trying to find what was working and what wasn't with the wiring. I've never wired a car before so I Took the advice from many people on here, purchased the EZWiring kit (pretty damn good deal) and got to work. That didn't work out too well. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/59038-butterscotch-510/ <--- If you want to see the interior. Pics were too large for this thread. 

As we speak i am preparing it for dynomat and wiring myself. 

JDbRrsP.jpg

Ripped up the carpeting, taking care of some surface rust on the floor panels. Got to primer that as well. Hopefully if the timing goes right (which i've learned never happens) i should be driving this 510 by the middle of July. But i doubt it. Timing is a luxury. This is my first project car that im trying to turn into my Daily Driver and its been a blast man. I love this car and ive barely driven it. The only thing is i can't find door regulators for my 510. At the Datsloco show, a guy wanted $350 for a used regulator for the drivers side. So i'm on the hunt for that right now.

just wanted to give a update. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool car!! never heard "based"  in cali yet, where are you from?

might be able to find some window reg. around here somewhere 

also if thats factory paint on the outside i sure hope you keep it 

Its a Bay Area thing. I'm from The Peninsula. 

The Paint was done if i recall in 2009/2010. A previous owner traded his corvette/camaro (don't know which) to get it stripped, dipped and painted. 

Not letting this go in the foreseeable future. Any help on a window reg. would be great! Thanks bro.

Dude your car is based bro,I guess.I will use it more often and enjoy the funny looks I get. But I am fuckin based I mean dope wait I am confused now shit..

haha!

Yer whip is totes based!

Thanks man!

It came from Berkeley. 

I can throw a rock at Berkeley and I've never heard that shit......

.........................maybe I need to get out moar.............

Sweet start dude.....nice ride!!

Where in The Bay are you??  I'm in Marin......

Yo Tendril.....doesn't James have a few regulators laying around??

• Like 1

I'm in the peninsula. 

I can throw a rock at Berkeley and I've never heard that shit......

.........................maybe I need to get out moar.............

Sweet start dude.....nice ride!!

Where in The Bay are you??  I'm in Marin......

Yo Tendril.....doesn't James have a few regulators laying around??

• 4 months later...