fake weber

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Weber from these guys:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L20-L20B-L18-L16-Weber-Carburetor-Redline-k657-32-36-/220748999279?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3365aa6a6f

I purchased it back in November 2012 and it's worked great. I am currently having vacuum and/or fuel issues, but I doubt it's the carb or at least a quality issue with the carb - I probably picked up some debris or something and my car won't idle.

Dude, I solved this thread! When your "redline" Weber finally arrives at your doorstep, bring that bad boy inside , take one deep good hard wiff of it all, if she has the slightest essence of sweet and nasty sports cologne then you got yourself a genuine European carburetor.

• Like 1

WTF IS A DRLA?  :confused:

And IF you can find one, there is an old school aftermarket  manifold to adapt a Holley 4 barrel carb. for an L20B. Someone posted it on DatsunMiniTruckin.com a few years ago.

No, the fork is real, it was sold by Redline kitchenware! But the car is fake, it was sold by Weber Cars Direct.  :P

And I dunno how that carb would "stick up through the hood?" It is no taller than the stock carb with the big air cleaner housing.

I think we're done here.

vw-fork.gif?w=283&h=300

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread brings up childhood memories of the CABBAGE PATCH KID epidemic. Some were real, some were fake they all had a signature on the ass.

If a kid could tell the difference than they deserved a nice hard spank for being a little snot nosed punk. 

• Like 1

I had noc off everything, huffy bike, fake gotcha shorts, nash skateboards. When ever x-mas comes around I get bummed out about thinking about brands, money and materialism. Some poor old Grandmother is gonna buy her grandson a bicycle and the kids at school are gonna look at it with a magnifying glass. Fucking sad. 

• Like 1

I had noc off everything, huffy bike, fake gotcha shorts, nash skateboards. When ever x-mas comes around I get bummed out about thinking about brands, money and materialism. Some poor old Grandmother is gonna buy her grandson a bicycle and the kids at school are gonna look at it with a magnifying glass. Fucking sad. 

You and I had a similar childhood....But I constructed a preemptive strike to make fun of the kids buying name brand shit.

oh shit the C - gang.   where all the kids who got crappy grades made fun of the nerds.

Dellorto's are bomb if you can get them to work right. You would dig the one I've got. Here it is.   BTW that black weber in background is real

WP_20140624_002_zpsd1fa6f96.jpg

• Like 1

I've sent dozens of people to www.webercarbsdirect.com  True, the last carb I bought from them was about 3 or 4 years back, but I never had one issue with it.  I didn't inspect it that carefully either.  I think I had bought it before the Spain deal where they were on strike or whatever and closed production.  Perhaps it's changed since then.  Not sure.

• Like 1

Dear RatVonDude,

So there is quite a bit of information about the Chinese carburetors at this blog:

http://genuineweber.blogspot.com/

There are a lot of sellers peddling the Chinese copies of Webers. They are primarily being distributed in the U.S. by NorthAmericanWeber (aka Weber carbs direct or Interco)
They can easily be identified as they only have a sticker on them. The kits I sell are from Redline and they have the genuine European webers and they can easily be identified as they "W" weber logo is cast into the float bowl. The Genuine webers are now made in Spain from the original tooling moved from Italy over 25 years ago. If the weber carburetor came from Redline then it is a genuine weber. So tell your guys to make sure to insist on Redline Weber Carburetors - they are the real deal.

As for the hole under the filter to run a breather hose to - all of my air filters have a fitting that comes with the kit to allow a breather to be connected.

Thank you for the inquiry,

James