Canby 2015 10th anniversary, No Excuses June 13th-14th

Janksun

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man up... I slept under my rear bumper the first time. :lol:

Haven't wired them up yet, but installed the 720 oil pressure and voltage gauges under my dash yesterday. Looks ok. Still working on a 22 tooth speedometer pinion gear

• Like 1

It's crazy you have been a member since 2012 and this is your first Canby..  I/we first went to Canby in 2009 and didn't even join till after Canby 2010,, since all these people kept saying Ratsun  this and Ratsun that ,,, i was all ,, WTF is the Ratsun shit all about??

I will never get these years back :hmm:

• Like 4

Nope.

She lugs around knifes....

I've seen her with knives. And I have nothing to be scared of. 

Tell her hi for me. 

Cuz she won't see me coming. 

Canby is the pilgrimage that every Datsun owner should try to make at least once in their lives. Where else can you be surrounded for hundreds of meters in every direction by people who are there because of their Datsuns. My first time I missed the ferry by one car, (six hour wait) the speedometer quit after just 150 miles from home, no tail or dash lights driving through Portland, (fuse later fixed in the dark) got there at 11:20 PM and Dave's wife recognized an L engine sound and came out and unlocked the gate for me, met several dozen strangers and slept under my rear bumper. Good times. 

• Like 7

Did some maintenance and such on the B210 today getting ready.

Tightened E-brake cable, diff topped off, general check underbody, checked tightness of the exhaust, replaced clutch and brake fluids, tightened up some misc. bolts, checked tires, looked for any loose wires and checked the spark plugs.

Also checked the rear brakes, amazingly after 15yrs and ~200K miles and I still have more than half the shoe... seriously WTF?

I've still got a list to go through to get ready including: regrease zerks, check transmission fluid, replace wipers (may not need it), rain-x windows, light check, and wash car.

Still trying to decide if I pull the front struts and chop another coil off or so to drop it a bit since it still rides high in front, I'd put in the bump steer spacers and check/replace the front pads at the same time too. I'd also need to realign, which is sort of on my list anyways as it is due.

• Like 2

Still trying to decide if I pull the front struts and chop another coil off or so to drop it a bit since it still rides high in front, I'd put in the bump steer spacers and check/replace the front pads at the same time too. I'd also need to realign, which is sort of on my list anyways as it is due.

Whatever you do ,  Dont do anything that would keep you from makin it . . . cause your not going to wanna miss this one !

I thought new duct tape on my roof would have been an excellent up grade this year.. Geeze now i feel like the tar paper shack in the middle of new a tract mansion neighborhood,,,I guess i will have to prop up my hoopty tent over on the other side of the San Francisco guys under the bleachers again..

• Like 4

Whatever you do , Dont do anything that would keep you from makin it . . . cause your not going to wanna miss this one !

Already covered, I have a spare set of the 280zx struts and worse case scenario I could pull parts off the 1200.

Definitely won't miss it, been going since 2011.

• Like 3

Just curious if anyone knows, but why are bikes not allowed? I was going to bring mine on a roof rack half so I could go biking along the Columbia while I'm in the area, half because it matches my car. Obviously won't bring it now. But was there some incidents with bikes in the past or something?

There were some shenanigans involving high bikes if I remember correctly.  That was actually a year I didn't go.  I was debating breaking that rule this year.  I really would like to bring the bike, I bet if we didn't get drunk and crash them into things, no one would notice?  But I don't know, they might yell at us driving in.

• Like 1