77 620 "the blue buzzard"

teagueauto21

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking about just using a hardbody A-frame for the front end with some Qa1 coilovers, but i don't know which ones to get. I know i want to use a 450 spring rate, Im just not sure on what length to get. could someone tell me what length they are using on there truck?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well its been awhile since i got to work on my truck, my wife is pregnant so we've been getting things together for our new little gearhead! But i did manage to get to the shop today and get my angles set for my struts and my top plates cut out.

Its not much but here's some pics

2014-10-15%2017.29.47_zpsticd72nq.jpg

2014-10-15%2017.30.13_zpsonupub0p.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was  looking at doing that style e-brake handle in my 520, but I wanted a usable console so I modded my stock e-brake handle to work with my kick down switch, my 1980 720 rear end and cables,  I had to use the 620 cable that attaches to the rod under the dash. It takes a lot of time to tweek all the different parts to work together.

Well i walk into the shop today to hook my driveshaft up and when i walk to the work bench there lays my shaft beat to shit and cut in half!!

Why you ask, well apparently last night after i left my grandfather come to a conclusion that my u-joint was bad and he was goin to change it out with a 5 pound hammer. While doing this he bent the hell out of my driveshaft and for some reason cut it in half to fix it "I have yet to figure out why", so now i have to build a new driveshaft, I swear Its like i get 1 step forward and 10 back.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...