The Dime Finally Realized

4perrev

So I finally ordered my wheels from Braid. Back and forth, but I'm going with these. Talked with Paul who was very helpful and we worked out all the details. They are going to one off cut them for me in Spain and ship them to my door by the end of July.

"b2It4CS.jpg

Also talked to Dave at Rebello who is going to set me up with all the goodies to build the 2150 engine. Should be ordering that soon. Getting the block ready by rounding all the internal corners and polishing the lower sides. Cast iron sure goes through sandpaper!

Moved over to Imgur for all my oic needs due to the dastardly photocan snaffoo. Hope it's better.

Edited by 4perrev
  • Like 6
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, happy 510 day guys....Hope all is well in the change pile....ha, little joke there...get it....nickels and dimes......ok, I'm good!!  Hope the weather is good where you are so you can enjoy the toys!!!

• Like 2

Ok, after spending 3 hours getting all my pictures out of Photof^&kit, I have let that piece of sh!t company.  I will work on making new links for the oics again.  May take some time, but I'll get them back up.  So pissed I couldn't just download the entire album!!  Blah...….It's done!

Well, I crossed most of the pictures I could back on to the thread.  Some dropped and got lost, so I'll try to find the replacements. It continues onward!!!

• 6 months later...

So.....After a long wait and a long boat ride from Spain, my boxes showed up:

0CWTZtd.jpg

I love em'.  Wrapped them in Continental Extreme Contacts.

Here's the front (without tire):

yZEIabq.jpg

Here's the back (without tire):

kOmFMjI.jpg

I will have to drop in 1/2 inch spacers as the rear tire will probably rub the rear arm and the front will need the same treatment.  All is well though, cause I intend to flare the fenders anyways.

Gotta move some concrete out of my shop so I can install the lift.  Yeah, finally bought a Bendpak two post lift to get down and build sh!t for real!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 6:17 AM, 4perrev said:

Ok, after spending 3 hours getting all my pictures out of Photof^&kit, I have let that piece of sh!t company.  I will work on making new links for the oics again.  May take some time, but I'll get them back up.  So pissed I couldn't just download the entire album!!  Blah...….It's done!

I dealt with the same shit and had to manually download them all. Hate that company!!

• 4 weeks later...

Been crazy these days. Cold and snow has left me to put a heater in the shop. Finally installed a lift in there too. No more creepers or cold concrete. Will post pics in a bit.

• Like 1

They're 11 - 12 feet.  I had to bend a bit to get under this car, but the Datsun has a lower roof profile, so I'll be able to stand straight under it.  Makes working on cars sooooooooooo much easier.

17 hours ago, 4perrev said:

They're 11 - 12 feet.  I had to bend a bit to get under this car, but the Datsun has a lower roof profile, so I'll be able to stand straight under it.  Makes working on cars sooooooooooo much easier.

yeah that’s a good height. Lifts are great!

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 1:04 PM, paul97 said:

I can't wait to see what it looks like with tires on it.

Haven't forgot the pictures, just have to get in there on my day off, but will do for ya on Tuesday.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:23 AM, hobospyder said:

Dude I love those

Think I have to get some back spacers now due to the rear trailing arms proximity to the tire.  No sweat, I will have a slightly staggered wheel look, which is good by me!

On 1/15/2020 at 1:04 PM, paul97 said:

I can't wait to see what it looks like with tires on it.

Sorry for the delay.  Here is the tire mounted on the rim:

CGsCJlD.jpg

Here it is on the car:

p9s1uMR.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Haven't forgot the Dime, just running into life that places speed bumps in my way. Working the Goon first as it is way closer to running down the road. Will get back to this gal once the other is running.