Weber carb

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried but the carb kit only pops up but thanks ...

Is this what you need?  http://www.redlineweber.com/html/application_guide/repair_kits_gasket_kits_and_key_.htm

I've never ordered from Redline, but understand they are good to deal with.

This company is also often mentioned, but again I've never ordered from them:

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/Weber_Repair_Kits_and_Spare_Parts_s/22.htm

Len

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com

That is where I got some of the parts to rebuild the used Weber 32/36 DGEV I bought. I did the rebuild kit, jets, a new power valve diaphragm and a new electric choke element. Prices are cheaper than Redline. Apparently I seem to be a rare case, but I had nothing but trouble with Redline. They sent me the WRONG (32/36 DFEV)rebuild kit, then when I tried to return it the guy who answered my emails was not only rude, but tried to blame me as if I ordered the wrong parts, then tried to make me pay a restocking fee, shipping on the wrong kit, then shipping on the new one. Only after raising hell with his boss did I finally get the right kit without paying more money! Then I inquired about the other parts I needed and their prices were double what Weber Carbs Direct charges, so I just got it from them.

And the goddamn adapter plate I got from Redline to fit a normal air filter has the wrong size screws and holes. The damn screws just spin! It won't tighten up. So the filter is loose and rattles. Sorry quality. PERIOD. F**K Redline! I paid $40 for this worthless piece of junk alone!

Webercarbsdirect are NOT genuine Weber carbs. They are only licensed because they own the rights to Solex? I believe. They are Chinese junk and should be avoided at any cost savings. Redline is one of the genuine wholesaler of Weber. Again, buy anything from webercarbsdirect at your own risk. I have seen these "webers" first hand and they are garbage. I would assume the rebuild kits are too.

So I bought the filter from Webercarbs direct and it came with the filters and new plates with clips ... But the quality of the Crome was bad quality in some areas it was chipping off to bare metal ... I don't recommend this site curt is right they are not genuine do not buy from webbercarbs direct it might be cheaper but you pay for what you pay ...

Webercarbsdirect are NOT genuine Weber carbs. They are only licensed because they own the rights to Solex? I believe. They are Chinese junk and should be avoided at any cost savings. Redline is one of the genuine wholesaler of Weber. Again, buy anything from webercarbsdirect at your own risk. I have seen these "webers" first hand and they are garbage. I would assume the rebuild kits are too.

WRONG! I call BS on that. I don't know what in the hell is so great about the almighty Redline here. Is this site sponsored by them or something? You people like getting treated badly AND being overcharged? And how are they garbage? I don't know about the carbs themselves as I have one of the original Italian models, but the damn rebuild kit is a few gaskets and two diaphragms, how hard is that? WEBER is NO more. They were sold out a long time ago.

"Weber is an Italian company which produced carburetors; it is owned by Magneti Marelli Powertrain S.p.A., which is in turn part of the FIAT group. Carburetor production in Italy ended in 1992, although Weber carburetor production was shifted to Madrid, Spain, where it continues today"

Solex is also owned by the same company.

• Like 1