How much is my A12/Carbs/Header/Full Exhaust engine set up worth?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly you'd be better off separating the motor and tranny, get more that way most likely. if its the 63a 5 speed I do believe that's a 300-500 buck tranny. no clue about the engine, but you'll lose a group of buyers who would take the tranny at say 400 for their b210, 210, 1200, etc, but wont want the tranny for 700 and be stuck with an extra engine they may not need. just a thought.

Did you buy that green 1200 from Portland?

Yea about 4 months ago. I'm changing some stuff up on it. I'm putting a SR20DE w/OER carb swap in it, putting the OEM rear 

bumper  back on it, and probably getting rid of the stripes. Keeping everything else the same, well probably a new brake set up and

13x7.5 SSR Mesh. I may do a build thread but not sure if I have time, I'm trying to get ready for JCCS and only have about 3 months.

Luckly I have the long block, carbs, Maddat mount kit already so that's a huge help, now I just have to get the tranny, drive shaft, fuel

stuff and some other little stuff.

No not quite true.

MG owners pay big bucks for the standard shift pattern 210 5-speed. The dogleg shift pattern 210 5-speed they don't want - or at least few of them do because they are copying each other they want that one. Even though the dogleg is a better 5-speed in some ways. These guys have british cars with Austin B-series engines. They use an adapter plate to allow a Datsun transmission to bolt up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you have any pictures at all ?   Where is this engine set now?

Do you have link to auction or a price decided on?? 

Not being a dick with all the questions ,, i know a guy that might be somewhat interested.

It will be out of my car in about 1 month. I'm trying to sell the whole engine set with exhaust, complete.

It can be picked up in Oakland CA, that's where I'm doing my swap. :)

Google: 1973 Green Datsun 1200 GX and you can see it pic of it.

Any pics of the engine bay, carbs, exhaust before you pull it?

What kind of cam does it have?

Cam is a Street Performance cam I guess, that's what I was told/Street performance cam and ceramic header by Bills Datsun Shoppe

Here's the pic of the engine set

http://zcartrader.com/wp/?auto=1973-datsun-1200-gx