Sound dampening

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll on roofing tar also known as 'torch on'. Roofing companies throw away end pieces because they want to avoid joints. I got all mine for free and even a whole roll. Its dry (not at all sticky) rolls out and easily, about 3/16" thick and 36" wide, cuts very easily with tin snips to odd shapes, can be heated to soften with a propane torch and pushed into dips and corners and even joined together. One side has a plastic skin on it. Did both my 710 floors with it including under the back seat.

Fuck that overpriced crap with the foil on it.

• Like 1

Home depot

I'm not sure which product you used, but this is the stuff I used from Home Depot. It doesn't have an odor like a lot of the other roofing products. According to their website, it's $16.45 a roll.

USeal_zps4987064f.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Home Depot shit works fine, I used it in the doors on the 521 kingcab, made a big difference, and it was only $17.00 a roll, it sticks to everything, even stuff you don't want it to stick to, been there for a couple years now, I only used half the roll. :)

It's kinda hard to understand the new guy, it's easier to ignore him than to try and read his reply. 

• Like 1