Correcting Camber

So I lowered my 720 a while ago, and at one point I had the torsion bars maxed out and I had a noticeable amount of negative camber, I didn't want camber wear so I raised it up just enough to not have any negative camber, or atleast none that I could see. But now I wanna go lower without drop spindles, so my question is can I max the t bars out and correct that negative camber in some way? I know for a lot of cars there is camber kits but I can't find anything, and I've already searched the forum.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My-RightUpperArmB4-r.jpg

You should be able to use shims to move the top of the tire in for more camber. You can remove shims for less camber. If you removed all the shims and still want less camber you will need custom a-arms.

Stock camber on the 620 is 1 deg.

Here's the deal...

Up until 1983 the upper A-arms are mounted on the inside, like the picture above.  83 and later they are mounted on the outside.  So, since you have an 86... the tops of the tires are sitting to far in. A couple cheap washers from the hardware store will work perfect to space that thing out.  You will probably need 4, stacked in a pair of 2 on each side to push it out.  That should be close. Maybe get 6 just in case. (per each side, so really get 12 washers. they are cheap, should be under 5 bucks).

The pre 83 rigs are awesome to be raised. As when you raise them, you get positive camber.. Since the A-arms are on the inside, it's easy corrected. Not so much on the 83 and newer rigs.  Same goes for the opposite, tho.  83 and newer are easier to lower and slam out since the upper a-arm sits on the outside of the frame rail...  Just add shims, and done.  Doesn't require fabbing, replacing A-arms etc.

• Like 2

Where exactly do the washers go??

They go between the a-arm cross bar and the frame mount, with the mounting bolts going through the a-arm cross bar then through the washers and finally threaded into the mount.