My '76 b210 Hatchback

CireNoskcaj

WP_20131107_007-1.jpg[/url]

Well she's a 4 speed fun lil car. Bought it in AZ a couple years ago for a steal then drove it to CA. The alternator went out goin over Tioga Pass into Yosemite but luckily it was daytime and hey it's the mountains and it's a manuel so just parked on a hill at the campground and disconnected the battery and bumped it in the morning. Anyways turned out to be the ORIGINAL factory alternator haha. What a survivor! And I was quite pleased that at the first parts house I came across they had a replacement for only $35. Had some trouble with it last fall, the good ol' dies at stoplight unless revved up(figuring prob the points). So just parked it for the winter and now she won't start up. Finally got a place with a garage and can start giving her the TLC she needs but it's my first datsun so may need some expertise from some of you long time owners. I'll keep ya posted with some picks as soon as I get started. Can't wait to drive this sweet lil thing around the mountain curves again...

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome. The honeycomb grill is pretty rough, missing little pieces of chrome trim next to the doors, bumper caps are Sun rotted out, and a baseball sized dent in the bumper, but other than that the outside its pretty darn nice. The interior is another story. More pics to come

Car looks great man! welcome

Are you afraid of the points?  They really are pretty easy / fun once you get into playing with them , i always used to keep a extra set and condenser in glove box,, i have since went electronic but i still have a warm spot in my heart for points. .. Try it you'll like it

If it can't idle make sure your idle switch is clicking when you turn on key,, it's the large hex headed thing that goes into the side of carb with wire sticking out .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Where at in the Cali mountains do you live? I live in coarsegold & im going to pick up a 76 b210 hatch in a few days. I have a 72 510 goon I've be getting road ready with a fresh swap. I love carving around the mountains with the datsuns! Can't wait to tinker with the B!

Greg