Brake help

Scgreen620

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rears I assume? Pull the drums off and take a look. Return spring may have broken

Front calipers have anti-rattle spring to keep the pads from rattling.

Maybe pads or shoes have worn down? Possibly the rear drums are out of adjustment for wear. Check that your lug nuts are snug.

• 1 month later...

Hi my name is Cliff and I'm an FNG on here. I dont have any pictures of my 73 620 but it's Purdy Ugly any way! I have a question if nobody minds. The brake lines are leaking at the master like they are sae and the master is metric. I saw on here the the earlier trucks are sae but thought the 620's were metric. Maybe mine is an early truck?

It is a dual res master and I believe its 3/4". I've tried 3 masters on it and they have all leaked at the fittings. the first was supposed to be a rebuilt unit that the guy I got the truck from had put on but had never filled for some strange reason. The other two were donors just so I could try and figure this madness out...

Yeah that's what I think I just want to make sure I'm not stupid and overlooking something. I build early American stuff and this is the first time in a long while that I've had an "import". I was wondering if since it's a '73 if MAYBE it was SAE. As in early production, late '72 , kinda stuff...