Easy to desmog 1/81 B310 A15 to get running?, pre-transplant

Hello all. Have a new to me Jan 1981 B310 (210) wagon, with an A15 & 5 speed.

I'd like to just see if the engine will run well enough, to test drive the transmission.

Going into a smog exempt car and engine will get a Weber, Dellorto, etc.

It'll be a drivetrain transplant donor for a 1200 sedan. The previous owner started disconnecting all sorts of things, prior to his same planned swap. All of these little emmissions parts & hoses has me confused (I'm used to the 1200's simplicity).

After reading many posts here, is it the case that most all of this emmissions gear can stay disconnected (and in the trunk), except for the two distributor vaccum to carb lines? Might as well hook up the automatic choke & connect the charcol canister too? Anything else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've ignored this car for too long. Being intimidated by hooking it all back up, just to see if it runs & drives. But I'm not going to start a swap, if engine/trans are a pile of bolts.

Pics of what I'm dealing with.    And yes, the body & all un-needed parts will be up for grabs, later.

1-81_Datsun_B310_wagon002_zpsb9745560.jp

A15002_zps190ba8b0.jpgA15001_zps2a092bfd.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic