Interior door panel and headliner

kwoo510

Hi,

My truck's interior is stripped out before I bought it, no headliner or door panel.  I am going to make my own door panel and headline from scratch.  I thought if I could get the pattern to make my job easier.  Can anyone hep me on this?  Or if you guys have a set of spare door panel and headliner willing to part out, PM me.

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple things to consider. Is your truck a standard cab or king cab? Are you wanting the full door cards like the '79 king cab ONLY optional set or just the standard short door card?

If you add your location to your profile it makes it easier for us to know if we can help. 

If you can find a truck in a local yard, you can pull the liner to get the bows that you will need. Also, you can measure the liner before you remove it to know where to make your pockets for the bows.

This is basically what the headliner looks like stock, this was a close match to the material, it is glued up there, this liner was just installed during the winter, and smoothed out when it got warmer. 

DSCN0038.JPG

This is what my 1963 L320 door cards look like, don't know if they are original, but I suspect they are, every seemingly original 320 door card I have seen in the past had that pocket on the bottom running from front to back with that snap.

DSCN3024.JPG

DSCN3026.JPG

Cut a piece of card board to fit the door.

Then.....trace that pattern onto some 1/4" 'wood' and or.

If you're wrapping the fabric around the edges....you might have to reduce the size of the panel by the thickness of the fabric.

Pretty simple process

For the door panels, go to an upholstery shop and get a couple of panels of regular black panel board. There are a couple of thicknesses and a couple of different sizes. They are made of a medium density black compressed paper material.

Steve

actually I found the back panel material at my local hardware store. Also the frabic can ne purchased easily in my area. I just need to transfer the mounting hole pattern, window crank, and door handle hole to the back panel. Without the orignal door panel, it's going to be trial and error for me.