620 Window Squeegee and Felt Fuzzies, and Channel Felt

sammym

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried contact cement on the channels... didn't work for me. They slowly work their way down with the window. The squeegees just clip in. Take your time.

Thanks,

Can you please describe how the clips work? What is the procedure with them?

Yep the gasket stuff, it makes a good adhesive as well. Straight outta the tube into the door channel, 1/8 bead or so, insert the felt channel, then roll up the window tight and leave it overnight.

The clips on the squeegees are easiest to deal with if you remove the window first, you can pop them out of their little pocket with a flathead from inside the door.

I have just brought new window door rubbers, quater window rubbers and window felt, ordering new front, rear and squeegees this week. Will update on how i go getting them all on. hopefully its not to hard and all fits well

• 1 month later...

Is it best to remove the glass first before doing any of this or can it be left in?

Im getting ready to do this tomorrow. Hopefully though i have everything i need. i want to wash the truck so bad.

I don't think it matters if window is in or not.

I'm a newbie but I tried the window channel installation using felt channels I bought on eBay from some outfit in Singapore.  They were junk.  I think I used contact adhesive to place them in the channels but they worked out.  While trying to work them back in they tore and I ended up yanking them out.  I'm now driving around with my windows rattling.  I wonder where I can find quality channel guides that fit. 

On a 521, window crank, door open lever, remove door panel.  Remove the plastic covers over then holes in the door.

Remove door window stop.  Disconnect roller on window regulator from door glass. Lower window to bottom of door.

Then you can remove the window weather strips.  Try not to bend it.  Carefully pry it up with a screwdriver, using a cloth to pad painted surfaces, if necessary.

I recommend you put the screws you remove from door parts back into the part, after the part is removed from the door.

I know, this is a 620 question.  But I only have 521 trucks, and a factory service manual for a 521.  I am assuming (I know) the 620 is similar.

I found this new run channel, from Mygrant Glass.  It worked good in a 521.  You will have to contact an auto glass supplier to get it.

RunChannel_zps038cd686.jpg

This is a better picture of the part number of the run channel.

RunChannelNumber_zps6b90fa45.jpg

This is a picture of the cross section of the run channel.

RunChannelXSection_zps14c1a488.jpg

This is the weatherstrip cement I used to glue the window run channel in the door.

WeatherstripAdhesive2_zps805c3bb8.jpg

The box the weather strip cement comes in.

WeatherstripAdhesive1_zpsed9b0635.jpg

Part number of the weather strip cement.

WeatherstripNumber_zps67fc8f4b.jpg

The weather strip cement also comes in a yellow color.  This stuff sticks to every thing really good, especially fingers.  You can wear latex or nitrile gloves, but it sticks to them really well, too.

• Like 2

make sure to get the middle of the Squeegee stretched out and flat.  on mine the clips had to be rearranged and then i trimmed the ends.  at first i left a little slack in the middle and the rubber startwd to bow up. they are softer than the original (i think) so they grip the glass when it rolls down

• 4 months later...

Installed the felt on the drivers side. I pushed the felt up on the front side of the door and down on the back side, Didnt have to remove the window. Just cranked it up and down as I moved the felt. I didnt use any glue on the felt as it snapped in pretty well by itself. Nice to have a rattle free window...Passenger side is next

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

On a 521, window crank, door open lever, remove door panel.  Remove the plastic covers over then holes in the door.

Remove door window stop.  Disconnect roller on window regulator from door glass. Lower window to bottom of door.

Then you can remove the window weather strips.  Try not to bend it.  Carefully pry it up with a screwdriver, using a cloth to pad painted surfaces, if necessary.

I recommend you put the screws you remove from door parts back into the part, after the part is removed from the door.

I know, this is a 620 question.  But I only have 521 trucks, and a factory service manual for a 521.  I am assuming (I know) the 620 is similar.

I found this new run channel, from Mygrant Glass.  It worked good in a 521.  You will have to contact an auto glass supplier to get it.

RunChannel_zps038cd686.jpg

This is a better picture of the part number of the run channel.

RunChannelNumber_zps6b90fa45.jpg

This is a picture of the cross section of the run channel.

RunChannelXSection_zps14c1a488.jpg

This is the weatherstrip cement I used to glue the window run channel in the door.

WeatherstripAdhesive2_zps805c3bb8.jpg

The box the weather strip cement comes in.

WeatherstripAdhesive1_zpsed9b0635.jpg

Part number of the weather strip cement.

WeatherstripNumber_zps67fc8f4b.jpg

The weather strip cement also comes in a yellow color.  This stuff sticks to every thing really good, especially fingers.  You can wear latex or nitrile gloves, but it sticks to them really well, too.

That part and the number were perfect installed it on mine nice and tight but I do have to use the adhesive.. Other than that looks good and fits perfect