Plans for my 72/510

edekalil

Now I have my 72/510 up and running pretty good, things I plan to try to get done this summer (hopefully). I have a rear cross member from when I took apart one of my sedans way back. I plan to set it up on some saw horses and clean it up and paint it. Then put a little bit longer studs in the hubs. Slot it if I had not done it way back. And swap it with the one in my 72/510 using the older style springs to lower the back of the car. (The passenger side rear got hit way back 30 years ago and the bearing got an impression on it and makes a rooring sound for the last 30 years, that way I can put new bearings in it later when it is out). Then after the stock struts are shortened I plan to use then with a little longer studs and adjustable coilovers with new inserts and newer style camber plates and bump steer spacers. That way I can get the car lowered and use the 300zx rims and tires on the car. Since I have the stuff laying around I figured I would use it now and buy new stuff later or as time go's on for the car that is apart at the moment. That way after I get the 72 wagon up and running I still will have what I need to lower it with some old school stuff I have sitting around (camber plates, shorter stock style springs, bumpsteer spacers,drop blocks and such). Then later after after the wagon is going then I can find some time to get the sedan that is all apart back together.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

if you want to put extended studs 240sx studs work well very nice snug fit and you can get them anywhere.. I got 60mm which are long but got them incase I choose to run a slip on spacer

you can get them from frsport for $2 a piece

if you do get them make sure u get s13 13mm studs

s13 came 13mm knurl and s14 used 13mm up front and 14mm in the rear

thought id share it with you, I have photos if ud like...