Mattndew76 - 1200

Mattndew76

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if the 1200 wheel arches are close or the same size as the 510?

Not to be rude to Matt, but IMO they are nowhere near to close. Shape is very different, height is wrong (1200 is a good bit shorter) and the length is wrong (longer on a 510). Also the 510 arches are round, where the 1200 is more of a trapezoid shape.  

These are 510 flares on a 1200. It required a LOT of cutting. Rears had to be lengthened 4", fronts had to be lengthened 5". Fronts were raised about 4", rears about 3". Typically to install these in a 510 you only cut about 1" front-to-back, and 2" up. 

81.JPG

• Like 1

Datsun CNC stuff?  

Same stuff I have been making since 2006-2007  

RCA's , CV Axle adapter, and anything billet for the datsuns.

I tore down the dizzy a few minutes ago to get clue of how much the shaft will have to be shortened and any spacer I would have to make for the SR20 dizzy body.

This thing is a simple item. 

67E40960-C0CF-4902-8BA6-B047769BB184.jpg

B7434629-3669-40AE-95C0-CBCB7690E4BE.jpg

22C14069-A332-49E4-8C1C-C619B9D026C9.jpg

The drive shaft for the A12 and SR20 Dizzy are the exact same diameter so the drive gear will be an easy swap over.

• Like 1

There is a guy on Datsun1200.com doing the SR20 CAS conversion now (latest post). I believe most guys mod the SR20 part to fit the A12, rather than making the CAS fit in an A12 distributor housing.

Use the stock SR20 high-res wheel (Nissan 360° wheel) with MegaSquirt III or any of the latest Haltechs. If using an ECU that doesn't support it, an aftermarket low-res wheel can be fitted. Flip the wheel over since it turns opposite direction from a distributor.

• Like 1