Mattndew76 - 1200

Mattndew76

So I fought from 1:00 to 9:45 to get the CNC running tonight.

Kept throwing an error code that the servo axis card was unresponsive.. Only a 600-1200$ issue!!!

@ about 8:00 I was about to place an order for a new one. I was sooo emotionally spent getting nowhere.... I decided to clean the cards and reseat them as one final option.....

It worked. I cried like a bish. CNC is functioning once more.

• Like 4
  • Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I fought from 1:00 to 9:45 to get the CNC running tonight.

Kept throwing an error code that the servo axis card was unresponsive.. Only a 600-1200$ issue!!!

@ about 8:00 I was about to place an order for a new one. I was sooo emotionally spent getting nowhere.... I decided to clean the cards and reseat them as one final option.....

It worked. I cried like a bish. CNC is functioning once more.

Good to hear! The same thing happened to me when I moved my CNC. Worked fine before the move as I was getting the table in the shipping position, but after the move keep getting an error. Yep, loose connections. reseat all the boards, then tuned all the servos and cleaned the tachs. Good to go. 

That is so cool, glad to hear that it wasn't another weeks salary to just get it up and running. How much air pressure is needed to keep her happy? Did it require a new compressor as well? This should improve the health and performance of the 1200 world indeed.

looking forward to some groovy parts to start rolling out soon.

It has it's own compressor to keep it at a steady 80psi in the lines.

I'm shopping a new compressor for my air lines meant for my air gun. My 30 gallon fried a motor. So I'm on the hunt and will use the old one for a scavenger inline tank.

• Like 1

I know you had mentioned offering these rockers covers up, then mentioned stopping production of Datsun parts. Do you think these will be available? I'm not completely sure if the A14/A15 rocker covers have the same pattern as the A12 (Datsunfreak/ggzilla to the rescue?) but if so, I'd be interested in one.

Also, I was wondering why you decided to step away from the moto-carbs? I've grabbed my manifold for R1s and had planned on a similar setup running 8lbs of boost but still haven't pulled the trigger on the SC. Just can't talk myself into doing it with a fully stock Datsun in good shape :angel:

I have 2 A-Series engines. One is a slow walk project with R&D still needing to be done.

The DOHC motor gets the CV carbs from the bike.

These Rocker Covers will most likely fund the remainder of my 1200 budget. Then they go away never to be made again by me.

• Like 1

Well they look like they will be great! How much were you thinking? I'm really interested if the bolt pattern is the same.

I've looked into doing the mazda DOHC conversion for the A-series, but it all seems more theory then practice at this point. I'd love to see how your motorcycle conversion goes. Sadly I'm not mechanicly inclined enough to pull something like that off yet.