supercharged 88 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Got this bike in the fall and haven't done jack to it beside oogle at it and whisper to it about how bad ass its going to be and try to make a deal with it where if i fix it up, it won't kill try to kill me. It hasn't agreed yet, but its about time i got it ripping.

stock specs:

88 suzuki gsx-r 750

4 stroke, 4 valves per cylinder

oil cooled

439 lbs

112 horsepower at 11k

redline is north of 13k :w00t:

The chassis is fairly stock, really only modifications were that the fairings were removed (wouldn't fit around the SC) and the supercharger was added, carb swap, and tuning. The story is that this bike ran, ran well, and actually scarred the shit out of the previous owner so he put it in his barn for the last 15ish years. Hes passed away so i can't ask any questions, but the bike looks put together well, and with any luck it shouldn't take too much to wake up, tune up, and hurt myself.

The bike is at my buddies shop, Got it there monday, got the seat and tank off. new battery in, and now im in the process of getting some oil, new oil filter, new air filters (old pod style foam filters are brittle). Currently the hydraulics (brakes and clutch) are still firm and there is air in the tires, but if/when we get it running ill replace the tires and put in new fluids.

pics:

20140505_1719461_zps2f8957a2.jpg

20140505_1719501_zps9509fb55.jpg

extra points for anyone who identifies the carb. side draft mikuni off a _____?

• Like 6
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really have no clue what the carb came from (very well may be a datsun) I saw a similar set for sale off a toyota 22r. I just opened up the seat and there it was :)

more pics will be posted. I ordered some parts today, gonna chase a couple more down, and hopefully make some progress on it over the weekend.

There will be more pics. I'm juggling a few projects and won't be back with the bike till this weekend, but there will be more.

I'm trying to figure out what the carb / blower is just for knowledge and if/when I need parts. I do know that the blower is Much bigger than I expected on a 750. Looks to be slightly smaller than the Whipple on my 3.0l NSX. I nabbed some pics of serial numbers so I'm hoping that'll help

Well, to be fair, it's not stuck making 200 hp everywhere. I mean, I have heard that same thing about a Harley (well, much worse than that) but.....I have over 60k miles on a 218 hp V-twin engine. If a Harley can last that long....a properly done GSXR should way outlast it I would hope.

not a lot of progess on the bike, had my first baby last Thursday so i've been pretty focused on that.

1) its home now (with my no longer at my buddies shop)

2) tank needs work, looks new (it should, bike only has 4k miles on it), but it has a few pin hole leaks, im going to send it out to get repaired / lined. Replacement tanks can be had, but i haven't found one in great shape in the right paint / stickers.

3) had an oil leak from a case gasket that my friend repaired. Currently oil still isn't in it but gasket should be dry now and ready to go.

4) carb is clean

5) new spark plugs, oil filter

6) engine has good compression, carbs pull vacuum, cranks over

7) all gauges / electricals work

8) got my new air filters in

20140513_171427_zpsi58vywpr.jpg

It has an electric fuel pump (im guessing gravity wasn't enough to keep this steed fed) so in the absence of the tank. I should be able to run an extended feed and return lines to a boat can and get to seeing if i can get it to run :)

still very excited about this bike

Get pics of this also when you pop the camera on the bike. I love me some NSX.

NSX looks pretty much stock except for

nsxenginebay_zps4d1f3c7d.jpg

the stock engine cover doesn't fit over it either, so the supercharger is just under the glass for the world to see. Great in my mind since theft barley exists in maine. But its as much of a sleeper as you can make out of an nsx.

its a 95, 5 speed, 3.0l, targa top, black interior.

has the comptech supercharger kit, clutch, exhaust, and carbon fiber air box (which should put it a touch under 400 ponnies). Hauls mucho ass and still handles. If only my driving skills could keep up. I actually log better autocross times in my 914 cause i have a hard time pulling in the reigns on this beast.

if you cant tell, i prefer my junk to be Japanese and boosted, but i like it all.

it has a fuel pressure regulator after it  (and a return line) so my best guess is that its already been tuned to suit the situation, but i could stick a gauge on it and see what it comes out to. I haven't put fuel to it yet (due to tank issues) so i haven't tested that yet.