Will this master cylinder work with 620 4 wheel disc conversion?

GERMS

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flat cat show me where, it's not well covered. I've searched 10 plus threads on 280zx master cylinders. mklotz70, thanks for your reply; no one has the 15/16" 79-81 280zx (raybestos) master cylinders anymore.  :sleep: If the tabs are the only issue, is that m/c steel/aluminum? I could possibly weld vertical tabs on it.

Try using google to search ratsun.  I typed this into the search box on google......

master cylinder disc 620 conversion;ratsun.net

.....and got this as the first and third hit....this thread came up second.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/47538-upgrading-master-cylinder-to-handle-full-disc-brake-conversion-frontrear/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27500-disc-brake-mc-conversion-question/

Rockauto has them.  Napa has them online for $46 with no core and no reservoirs.

You can also use the '79 620 m/c.....7/8 bore.

lol yes those are all the threads I've read, like I said, I know that the recommended m/c is the 79-81 280zx m/c, but I asked whether the 82-83 could work (not well covered) I've seen the master cylinders without the reservoirs and well without reservoirs they're kind of useless to me lol. Unless anyone knows where to get the reservoirs? Since I'm doing both front and rear conversion I think the 15/16 would be better than 7/8 (7/8 might bee too spongy) Still wondering if the 82-83 will work if I can re-weld the tabs (just not sure since it's a uni reservoir) . My guess is I can.  

Will it be okay if I get the one without the reservoirs and use my 77 620 ones? They're smaller than the 280zx's. 

getimage.jpg

Although I've realized they have this available and it's 15/16" CENTRIC Part # 13042604  

Does it matter in my application if the reservoirs are that kind compared the the bigger squarish ones? 

13042604.jpg

I think some of the 620's or 280's in the years when they first switched the tabs....had an adapter.  I'm guessing you'd only find it in the scrapyard.....which is where you can pull the reservoirs from.  Any of the datsuns around that time used reservoirs with the same diameter mounting.