Datsunaholic look what I got!!

Since you wouldn't sell me your mani I was force to build my own :D Its not quite done I got all the welding done I just want to shave off some of the pointless stuff I don't need. I've had the N42 L6 mani in my shed for like 4 years! I figured it was time to get it done :D Hopefully I will have more updates as the project continues.

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

JEFF WINS!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know :D put it back in my shed probably :D haha I actually want to use the KA efi system on an L series just for fun :) How cool would it be to have an SAFC2 hooked up to a L series!!!

P.S I hate carbs!!!

P.P.S that last not was for Hainz :D

Jeff, here's another along the same lines:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/carbL20BEFIhomemadefrom280intake.jpg[/img]"]carbL20BEFIhomemadefrom280intake.jpg

Some of the 280 manifolds change shape and have a bend in the middle. One is straight and works better. Is this what you used?

thanks guys :D

Jeff, here's another along the same lines:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/carbL20BEFIhomemadefrom280intake.jpg[/img]"]carbL20BEFIhomemadefrom280intake.jpg

Some of the 280 manifolds change shape and have a bend in the middle. One is straight and works better. Is this what you used?

Thats the cheater one :D

hey I'm a tottal Ratsun guy, I would rather get a free L6 mani and spend all day making it work than buying a mani :D

and the cheater one dont flow so great

I'm with you on that Iceman. The one you are making out of the N42 is a much better manifold. The L18E is tiny in the runners and the plenum is horrible in design.

I don't know how well mine is going to flow either.... Maybe it will need some sort of device to help out the flow :D

I plan to megasquirt and turbo an L motor in my 510.

man you better not tear this car apart and not finish it i wont let you in less you have all the parts and you let me help again . Dont forget who has your car :fu:

Yeah like a leaf blower or something :D Forced induction is nice thats for sure!

hell yah it is espeacialy when you can turn the boost up with a knob ;)

man you better not tear this car apart and not finish it i wont let you in less you have all the parts and you let me help again . Dont forget who has your car :fu:

It won't come apart for a project like that until it is ready to be installed. I plan I driving it ratty with the LZ20 for quite a while.

Carbs are my biggest complaint about L series.

Me too!!

Maybe it will need some sort of device to help out the flow :D

:frantic wave:

i have a device...a carbed L motor :P :lol: send it down :D

why was it necessary to cut into 3 pieces? i though it was cut the center out and reconnect? (is it due to the 'cheater' style?)