My first 510

Dlip

Rearended, people with sore necks, Old car, this is how I handled it when I was rearended but my 510 at the time was not old only 6 years old but insurance then were big on junking Jap tin and f'king you out of $$$, I called their bluff.

Insurance wants to total the car, which was under standable because it was totaled but they said it was Kelly Blue book valued at $600. Mind you it has BRE flares, Muholland suspension, Libras w/T/A Radials, new paint it was in great shape and sharp too anyway.

Went to doctor, got examined with brused hip from seatbelt, really sore neck, right ankle bothering me as well as knee.

Report given to insurance, insurance asks what I want, I say $5k they write a ck and I get the 510 back. This was in '78 and I had them by the balls with all the aches and pains. Not to mention their client was stoned and dropped her joint into the passengers foot well and went after it. Biggest plus was a cop at a Winchells donuts saw the whole thing because he was checking out my 510 at the stop light. This was in Compton, Ca.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Good thing that me and my two other friends are fine just sore necks.

Here is the damage

IMG_20140607_135054_zpshheepr8k.jpg

:crying:

That's a drag, but it does not look as bad as it could have been. You should be able to get it back into shape with a good body shop. My 72 wagon got hit in the back drivers side and it made me very sad. I have to find someone who can get it back into shape. Good luck.
  • 2 weeks later...

Sucks, but that's actually a rather easy fix. The quarters are fixable, and heck, a good body man could even straighten the tail panel, it's not creased. The problem is with the trunk floor, that's hard to pull back.

I had the exact same thing happen to mine. I ended up cutting the trunk floor out and replacing it, along with a used tail panel. The repair really wasn't too hard to do.

100_0807-50.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey get a hold of me if maybe you want to fix this , or is it being sold on trailer leaving your pad .I am in So Cal.

im not sure if you remember me, but i was the guy who went to your shop in Whittier to look at the truck you had for sale a while back. but i do need some help with some stuff so maybe ill head down some day 

The car was being dropped off to my house. all i needed to start driving it again was for the window dude to come install my front windshield and rear window. 

im not sure if you remember me, but i was the guy who went to your shop in Whittier to look at the truck you had for sale a while back. but i do need some help with some stuff so maybe ill head down some day 

The car was being dropped off to my house. all i needed to start driving it again was for the window dude to come install my front windshield and rear window. 

More pics man, let us see how it turned out

i plan on putting the back bumper on, just that we had a little miss communication. I had told him that the back bumper i had was not going to be used.

191ff145-b150-457b-99cc-e76bfda4adf8_zps

under those red reflectors the original owner had mad some large holes and i told him that i wanted the holes covered, and i was out of state when i made the call. and he covered them all. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Samething happened to my 68 4dr. My son was taking it for a driver after getting it put together for me. I bought in OR and live in cali. A kid hit him while texting. Luckly his insurance paid me 2500 with out totalling the car out which is good for me. I bought a 68 panel which was very hard to find. No I'm getting n a few weeks. So hang in there trust me there's a back panel out. Good luck and hope it all works out for the both of us. Dam non drivers pay attention out there there's dimes on the road