Issues with harness at the battery on my '85

lambohaha

First of all, new to the boards BUT not new to 720's entirely. I first bought one in '84 and I recently got my 85 about 4 years ago. The issue I'm having is a simple fix BUT I would love to have the correct harness for it. Not looking for anything custom, yet lol, just wanting to stock as much as possible. Pictured is what I have going on right now. If someone has a this particular harness or a pic of one, please, I need a hook up. Thanks.

As you can see, the wires leaving the battery are different colors from the ones on the other side of the connectors. The battery side is incorrect, this is what I inherited. Also, the middle connector has obviously had some heat once upona time, I think thats the reason for the fix.

Any help at all would and will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No pictures but what you seem to be describing is the fusible link. By definition they are made to melt and break a connection if over loaded. It should consist of three wires, two Greens and one Black, all about 4" long with plastic connectors on the ends so they can be remove and replaced. Sound like it?

Pictures...http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/

• Like 1

Sorry, thought the pic made it the 1st time around lol.

And yes, its missing a fusible link. I just wanna try to find the correct to date harness or the best equivalent. I can fix this BUT I want want as close to Nissan as possible. Trying to stay true lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the delay getting back. Haven't had much of a chance to track down anything but I did manage to clean up what was there and get her back to running like she should. If I can't find the harness (plastic clips) I'll just get new fusible links and repair the one's I have in place now. Thanks for your help.