Alternates to the the "Leno" Datsun

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to keep 81 notch back Corolla (done a bunch of work ,rad ,water pump ,thermo,water outlets were rusted )has a lot of good except too many vac lines here in California for smog crap .Maybe my 15yo daughters 1st car to destroy when she turns 16 !Some guy keeps trying to buy it for 1200 but I was asking 2k when was for sale ,it has been parked 15yrs since 1999 ..[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2106.jpg.html]104_2106.jpg[]

I see insane prices on those as well. But then I see all the toyota guys laughing and bashing people for asking retarded prices for them :rofl:

1-2k tops for a rolla. Better be nice at the high end of that.  Paging Philcasa. He has a nice BMW

Just get a 510 2-door. Better more reliable and more fun than all the ones photod here. Well worth it.

I agree with everything you said if the funds are available. Most of my projects start out as complete non-runners for under a grand so I have to keep and open mind.

I never see those for sale, but it could be just my side of the country.

there have been 2 floating around on CL up here, but they wern't what i would call cheap either. one was 6500 and one was 8k. Both nice examples of a fun car, but for that money i would (and just did) buy a 510

With the asking prices for 510 2drs what are you considering as a good alternate?

I see these cheap and would KA one

7541862792_a794e5ac33_z_zpsa6199c5b.jpg

I would rock a 2002 with a KA, but not these. I have one with the factory M10, and parts are a bitch to find. half of the parts are Discontinued, (or at least i swear they are) and not too terribly cheap. Not "Expensive" but not cheap either.

I would rock a 2002 with a KA, but not these. I have one with the factory M10, and parts are a bitch to find. half of the parts are Discontinued, (or at least i swear they are) and not too terribly cheap. Not "Expensive" but not cheap either.

Well, when you're ready to pass it on I call dibs. I love E21s... Especially green ones. I'll take it off your hands for a good price.

Well, when you're ready to pass it on I call dibs. I love E21s... Especially green ones. I'll take it off your hands for a good price.

i'm good =P even though parts are a bitch to find, there isn't anything like ownin a Bimmer. =P never give that car up, unless the time was right.

Yes, because before Leno, 510 coupes were only $25,000.

not a problem. Non-running 510 2-doors can still be found for under a grand.

"not a problem. Non-running 510 2-doors can still be found for under a grand."

Could you have those people PM me?  :lol:

The generally sell fast, you need to search them out. If you want easy buying you gotta pay more.

Call on every non-runner advertised and offer cash. Be prepared to have it shipped to you (I got most of my Datsuns in other states). Go to the classic cars, don't wait for them to come to you.

260/280z are still somewhat cheap,, can be upgraded foreeeeeeever, and fun as hell right outta the box.

I was offered a running/ driving ZX turbo just last weekend for $500. skins, that's pretty dang cheap, even by my standards. Kinda fast stock and over 25 miles to the gallon ,, win, win.

no i didn't buy it as i am waiting for the $300. one.

:lol: