'71 Goon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the jets just yet. These are the first carbs that I have ever really gone through, learning as I go. I could part with some of the extras, I'll let you know what I have left over when I'm done. I have a set of 240 SU's that will go on at a later date, I am just trying to get this thing done for Canby. So much work, so little time.

Not sure about the jets just yet. These are the first carbs that I have ever really gone through, learning as I go. I could part with some of the extras, I'll let you know what I have left over when I'm done. I have a set of 240 SU's that will go on at a later date, I am just trying to get this thing done for Canby. So much work, so little time.

Cool.. this is what should be in them for an L motor.

Main Venturi: 26/27 

Aux Venturi: 3.5/3.5 

Main Jet: 140/135 

Em Tube: F50/F6 

Air Corr Jet: 165/160 

Idle Jet: 55/50 

Pump Jet: 50

Needle Valve: 2.00

• Like 1

I have seen 140 to 130 in the mains. Most times thay all run fine.just be leary on the carbs. I see people fuck with them and they just worn out.I didnt know how bad my 521 weber was till I finally put a new one on and runs alot better.

The choke on mine was all sorts of messed up when I got it that the shaft had worn out the upper housing. I'm just swapping the good upper housing onto the lower body because I want to keep the electronic choke, and replacing seals and gaskets. Then just adjust it properly so I can drive it until I get the SU's sorted out.

No progress this weekend. It's been raining like crazy all weekend and the front half of my garage has about half an inch of standing water in it. Luckily no damage but quite the mess, I don't have enough room to clean it up until it stops raining. Also the wife had to work all weekend, so I've got kid detail.

• 1 year later...

Wow! How has it been a year since I last updated this.  Not much has been done on the car, but I've been dailying it since September and slowly discovering things that need attention. 

This is an older picture but since it was taken I've cleaned up the wiring some, replaced the battery with one that actually fits on the tray, installed a 60 amp 240z alternator, replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders (both where leaking so badly that the reservoir would go dry overnight) I had an alignment issue that was causing the car to pull to the left pretty hard, found out my rear axle was pointed about .50* to the right and my right front caster was +2.00* out of spec (I don't remember the actual amount) I squared the rear and aligned the front end, its much better but still pulls to the left and is pretty squirrely on really rutted roads. This car was in an accident at some point in its life and a section of the front frame was cut out and grafted in from another car, I'm pretty sure that's my caster issue. looks like I'll be getting a set of T3 adjustable T/C rods.

1049.jpeg

Picked up a set of Enkei 92's in 14x6 +15 offset, the fitment wasn't great in the rear so I decided to run the mismatched set, but I wanted them all the same color.

20160303_163045_1.jpg

edited_1462934059999.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I think this is the first time I have seen your thread.  Sweet goon! 

I was going to paint mine 69 Camaro Hugger Orange, then two wagons showed up in the area painted hugger orange!  I'm happy with the blue I went with, but I do love that orange..

I think this is the first time I have seen your thread.  Sweet goon! 

I was going to paint mine 69 Camaro Hugger Orange, then two wagons showed up in the area painted hugger orange!  I'm happy with the blue I went with, but I do love that orange..

Thanks Duncan, I love your wagon and the progress is awesome, keep up the great work.