Why Do People NOT Respond to PMs?

angliagt

I've had parts for sale here,but when I reply to their requests,I never

hear back from them.Why is that?

Someone told me that they wanted a B210 glove box door that I had,

but after I sent them a PM,I never got a reply.Why does this keep happening?

This has happened more than once,so that's why I'm asking.

I feel obligated to contact a possible buyer,before I am in contact with a newer one.

Am I an Idiot,or out of line here?

- Doug

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had that issue in the past here, but I'm also having that issue on another Nissan forum.  In my opinion, people just don't know how communicate anymore.  They don't know how to say that they aren't interested, or that they changed their mind.

• Like 1

I say the first person to commit to the buy that also gives you their name, number, payment method, and address in case if shipping.  

I had an issue with some idiot that was selling center caps.  In my FIRST message i committed to the buy, offered my method of payment (PayPal), and gave hime my name, number, and address for shipping.  He said that he was waiting for the first person to reply to HIS reply.  I asked if he had any other contact info besides Ratsun and he said he did not.  Who was more prepared and willing to make the purchase-  The person who says, "hey, I want it."  Or the person who says, "I would like to purchase this item, I can pay with PayPal I just need to have the items shipped to [gave my address]."  And finished with my phone number.  ANyway, had to get that out there: I don't think its fair to say, "hey I want" and not give the info the buyer needs to get a hold of you; then a person can just stall a sale, and unfairly 'call' on an item.  Sorry, I had to vent.  Goodnight all!

Mike,

I'm getting messages,but none after I've responded to PM's. 

I've gone & spent a lot of time finding the right box,packing the item

carefully,& never hear back from the "interested" party.

I'm also getting notifications.

- Doug

Personally I try to always answer a PM,

But I would think it is no different then going into a store and looking at an item. If you like it you can buy it or leave and think about it. If you decide against it I highly doubt you would go back to the store and inform them of that decision.

That said, we all are embarking on a new way of commerce and I don't believe a proper etiquette has been established. Beyond that when I go to a store now days there is no customer service and both the customer and clerk/representative are all to often rude, we just may have to get used to it.

I say the first person to commit to the buy that also gives you their name, number, payment method, and address in case if shipping.  

I had an issue with some idiot that was selling center caps.  In my FIRST message i committed to the buy, offered my method of payment (PayPal), and gave hime my name, number, and address for shipping.  He said that he was waiting for the first person to reply to HIS reply.  I asked if he had any other contact info besides Ratsun and he said he did not.  Who was more prepared and willing to make the purchase-  The person who says, "hey, I want it."  Or the person who says, "I would like to purchase this item, I can pay with PayPal I just need to have the items shipped to [gave my address]."  And finished with my phone number.  ANyway, had to get that out there: I don't think its fair to say, "hey I want" and not give the info the buyer needs to get a hold of you; then a person can just stall a sale, and unfairly 'call' on an item.  Sorry, I had to vent.  Goodnight all!

I was that idiot. Right now feeling even better about my decision. 

Wow, there is no place for insults and name slinging here on the forum.

IMHO it is up to the seller how he/she conducts their dealings. I agree 100% with "pineclone" on the honor of selling to your first contact and to give that person time to reply. I have been buying and selling parts Ratsun for years and it has always been a lot of fun, BUT lately for some reason it has become very stressful to deal with some of the members.

It doesn't depend on who gives the most info on a contact but as "Tendril" said "first person with the cash". Even with the first person with cash i believe that is should be in the order of contact and I also give each buyer a decent amount of time for a reply not depending upon what information is given in which IMHO is worthless without funds.

• Like 3

Are you new to Ratsun? Because it is a forum where this happens a lot, sadly.

ggzilla,

I have been a member since Jan, 2010 and have been pretty active on the forum all along. I guess I have been lucky when it comes to verbal abuse. I enjoy the sarcasm and ribbing, but that is a far cry from directly insulting some one

Wow, there is no place for insults and name slinging here on the forum.

IMHO it is up to the seller how he/she conducts their dealings. I agree 100% with "pineclone" on the honor of selling to your first contact and to give that person time to reply. I have been buying and selling parts Ratsun for years and it has always been a lot of fun, BUT lately for some reason it has become very stressful to deal with some of the members.

It doesn't depend on who gives the most info on a contact but as "Tendril" said "first person with the cash". Even with the first person with cash i believe that is should be in the order of contact and I also give each buyer a decent amount of time for a reply not depending upon what information is given in which IMHO is worthless without funds.

My point is- if X has the cash, and gave all of the info and was the first to do so, then it would make sense to sell to X.  Anything after that is literally in the seller's hands.  Thanks again for everything, sir.

I am going to make one last post on this topic, its giving me heartburn.

NO, it does not depend on the guy that feels he has the right! It does belong to the one that responded first in what ever fashion they may have done so.

This is the reason.

I am going to take values, even though if some think they may be old fashion, to the grave with me. When I was young I did not cut in line and I did not permit the ones that tried too. I worked hard at every job I attained. Opened the doors for the ladies. Helped the elderly how ever I could. Ya, you could say I have always been a nice guy...What has that earned me? A wonderful wife of 30 years, 4 grown offspring that visit or call daily. I have no enemies that I am aware of. A list of friends in many states that would have my back. Also, no trouble with the law in any manner. 

Life has thrown me a twist, I now have a rare incurable disease. I am still happy though, because of the life I have lived I have earned the support needed to get through this.

NO, nice guys do not finish last, that is a myth created by the ones that have fallen short and need to make them selves feel better about themselves.

Others can do as they wish with their dealings with others, but myself, and I believe many of my fellow Ratsuners, will maintain the above values.

• Like 2