just bought a 510 with ebay camber plates problem

jeph

i just bought a 510 4 door and it has coilovers on the front with camber plates but the nut on top that threads onto the actual shock is only on by like 2 threads on both sides and wont tighten any more? anyone have this problem? ill get pics later

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure what inserts they are but i do know their different from eachother because the allen size in the center is different on both sides, i even tried to impact them down more and that is as far as they go. im stumped..

20140419_160329_zpse15a07c2.jpg

I know on my konis that they were not the jap spec threads and I gotten a insert bushing from T3 or soemthing. or vise versa.. I think I have more than 2 threads. The guy at T3 knoew what I was saying ,said Oh you have this.

as other say maybe get another set of insert but might still have same issue.

You sure. You might have more than 2 threads as I see a shank below the Hex and I know these are 1 pc.

i was kinda reading around and it looks like i should buy mr2 inserts is that sound right? i dont believe i have 280z struts because i bought regular 510 brake pads and they fit on the car but i do have adjustable coilovers on it.

Measure your struts. They may have been shortened for a different insert as that is a fairly common thing to do when going real low. If you see a spot where they were welded all the way around the tube, they are probably not stock length. You don't want to buy new inserts that are too long.

Here is a shot of one of a set of camber plates I bought off eBay. They where a generic type. I had to bring the inserts to a machine shop to have a small amount of the top part the shaft turned down so they would fit the camber plate better.

IMG_20140422_114507_1.jpg

I'm not sure they are the same as the ones you have in the pic.

• Like 1