Cam Shaft A12

Hi!

Im updating my Datsun B110, recently i bought 2 mikunis 40phh and a intake mainfold. Im trying to adapt them (i ve posted in fórum).

To upgrade I need to discover a compatible camshaft, who makes them, if are new or who regrind them 

Please advise me and where i can find one at a good price.

Many thanks

Luis 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im consider to send my camshaft to regrind it 175,00 £ in(United Kingdom) Please advise me which are the best: Duration of intake and exhahust valves for my twin 40 carbs.

From 248/248 original      to           260/260   265/265  ??????

I dont want a racing car but i only want a better performance enginee. You told me that a twin carbs will wake my Datsun. But the camshaft  greatly improve?

What componentes i have to change? Or mount the camshaft without any modifications?

Many thanks

Luis

I wouldn't go over 270 for a street car, while other's might. Increasing lift will also add some power without changing how well it runs at low speeds. If driving around town it should run fairly well without too much down side that's hard to live with. 175 Pounds? Couldn't you just buy a new cam for that much? 

If i send my actual camshaft to grind, i will need to modify another componentes? Double Springs (i think its need).

When you arrange to send it, ask the grinder what the cam grind requires. Stock A-series valve springs are good for 6000-6400 rpm.

Most Nissan engines are already double spring. You may simply need stiffer spring.

Nissan A-series engines have single springs. Only a few,special models got doubles, good for 6400-6800 rpm.

You only need stiffer springs if revving higher. Or if the cam grind is unusually aggressive.

Please advise me which are the best: Duration of intake and exhahust valves for my twin 40 carbs.

I dont want a racing car but i only want a better performance enginee. You told me that a twin carbs will wake my Datsun. But the camshaft greatly improve?

I would use the stock A12 camshaft, which makes peak HP at 6000 rpm. However, the stock carburetor is overly small for superior fuel economy and driveability+flexibility. The stock cam and cylinder head are very capable, but the carb strangles it slightly.

Twin 40s will wake an A12 up. Between 5000-6000 rpm the larger carburetor will make a big difference. Try it and see.

Hi

Many thanks for your precious advice. Keep on to clarify...    

First of all i will mount the motorhead, fit the intake mainfold and grind the exhaust mainfold and finally test the carbs. Second i will not buy the cam... Your word its enough for me

By the way, please advice me a good shop where i can buy spares at a fair price i (water pump, gas pump, door rubers, winchield rubbers) everything for my Dat

Many thanks

Luis

• 4 months later...

HI!

I m intend to get some performance parts for my Datsun a12 engine so I`ve sent a couple of e-mails to contact the Iskenderian shop, but at the moment i cant get any answer from them.

I must be registered on site? I ve seen they dont have any actualized catalog.?  The shop still exists? Anybody recently had bought some itens? Which is the best way to contact them? Please give me the best contact....

Many thanks on advance

Luis Colchete 

From their site....

ed iskendarian racing cams
16020 s. broadway
gardena ca 90248

phone: 323.770.0930
fax: 310.515.5730

Catalog ..... http://www.iskycams.com/onlinecatalog.html

Summit Racing has Isky cams?... http://www.summitracing.com/int/search/brand/isky-racing-cams

Hi!

Tomorrow i will send my camshaft to Iskenderian shop to regrind it.

I m pretending to buy  double valve springs.  but i have a doubt A12 and A14 valve springs have the same size???.

I took a measure and A14 valve springs are a bit taller im confused... it is correct?  Because i ve seen some persons saying they are equal!

Anybody knows...