4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took my head to a Machine shop to get the valves grinded and seated and head pressure checked and new valve stem seals, and i guess the (napa) machine shop did my resurface with a belt sander? and the new machine shop was like ur head is all wavy so they resurfaced it for free since i got screwed by the (napa)

20140929_174608_zps5e25c556.jpg

Then it was time to bolt the head on!

20140929_194657_zpsd187f006.jpg

20140929_194712_zpsb2319038.jpg

20140929_194602_zpse3e1c578.jpg

20140929_202932_zps49ddf851.jpg

20140929_202943_zpsdd88dabe.jpg

20140929_203006_zps93f19fb6.jpg

• Like 1

Hell yeah man! Thing looks tits!

I want to see this thing in person.

You got a time frame to when you think it's getting on the road or you just going with the flow?

Just going with the flow, i dont really make a lot at my job and currently paying my rent for my house and part of my parents rent so cash has been short. I got side jobs lined up for extra cash so should move along nicely

• Like 2

Just going with the flow, i dont really make a lot at my job and currently paying my rent for my house and part of my parents rent so cash has been short. I got side jobs lined up for extra cash so should move along nicely

Could of fooled me man, your making great progress :thumbup:

• Like 1

looking good man, motors looking awesome.

whats going on in the body work department?

Thanks Man!

The body shop has not contacted me yet probably because when they stripped the 12 layers of spray paint off it was horrible underneath so its taking longer, im not gunna call them and ask for update because i dont want them to feel rushed and take shortcuts lol. but they quoted me at 2 weeks of body work and its been 3 weeks so im guessing soon?

Got some goodies in the mail, my "white bunny" clutch setup is in. getting closer and closer.

20141006_192656_zps92bf4fca.jpg

20141003_174417_zpsbf8b5238.jpg

And for those who dont know what "white bunny" setup is heres a link to explain.

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/nissan-240sx-f-q/90222-ka24e-de-white-bunny-clutch-setup.html

Total for clutch kit and flywheel both brand new was 147$ shipped to my door.

It's just a D21 flywheel, pressure plate and disc. Not sure why it has to be named lol. Cool setup though. Why didn't the 240sx come with this in the first place?

not sure mabey they thought overkill? i ended up getting the 280zx turbo clutch kit but same part number as nissan pathfinder and the d21 i believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Well last night i sold my lexus so i can step it up and get this project moving alot faster.

ordered my Nismotronic stuff for tuning which was 550$ but from what ive read its worth every penny, also ordered an aluminum radiator for the swap and got my oil lines and restrictor in the mail yesterday

20141021_203048_zps9cbcf258.jpg

• Like 2

Nice. 

"Sold the Lexus to make things move faster..." Damn dude I thought you were doing good already, haha. Considering it took me 6+ months to just put a dual cam in my 510 haha.

nah only make 13 a hr and with my own house bills and helping my parents pay bills only thing that was keeping this car going was side jobs lol.