4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

its electronic distributor, and i used a power probe on the ignition plug and turned the ignition on with it and started the car with it perfect then pluged it into the ignition and it wouldnt start.

not sure what year sentra thats just what a friend told me they were out of they fit nice.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just ordered a new ignition switch and ill try that out and see how it works. also going to install my new fuse box ive had laying around for years just to be safe since a couple of my fuses are melted around the edges.

are you the same guy selling the rare starion wheels for $400 cause the tires are almost new? 

haha  :poke: i was the guy on Facebook who shot you down and said they weren't worth more than $100 ............ only cause i wanted them. 

i see you're in tacoma.... hit me up sometime, i live here as well.

• Like 1

are you the same guy selling the rare starion wheels for $400 cause the tires are almost new? 

haha  :poke: i was the guy on Facebook who shot you down and said they weren't worth more than $100 ............ only cause i wanted them. 

i see you're in tacoma.... hit me up sometime, i live here as well.

haha yup that was me. i actually kept them because im going to trade them for body work and prep on the 510.

Its only two screws that hold the switch on the ignition, its easy enough to remove.

Jeph, I have my old kinda iffy ignition switch still if you want to try that for a test

i tried an ignition switch off of a 521 today and it started right up! i took mine off and it looks like someone used to start it with a screwdriver and then stuck it back in the ignition it was chewed up in there so the actual key wasnt turning it like it was supposed to.

anyone know if the z car one will fit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240z-260z-280z-280zx-Ignition-Switch-NOS-/370988536551?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5660a3d2e7&vxp=mtr

also went to install my new fusebox and all the extra wires were on my new one except the blue one that the people had hooked to the auto choke, which should be fine beings i took the filter off my carb and the flaps for the choke have been removed for some reason... so it should work out fine.

so i seen this used before online and figured i would give it a try since finding lower panels is like gold and i dont make enough money to afford a brand new futofab replacement.

so for 5$ im going to give this a try i know people are going to be like "your dumb" but thats fine.

20140502_195456_zpsaf5da8a3.jpg

20140502_195429_zps72305242.jpg

20140502_195413_zps9fd05568.jpg

• Like 1

i think fiberglass filler would be better than bondo.

:sweat:

alright ill look into that ive never used fiberglass before only bondo but cant be that much different process

well i say fiberglass because it would be a bit more forgiving with the elements, and overall wear and tear.

pretty much the same process, just less absorbent than bondo,

its right behind your wheels, you kick up a rock  chip the paint, you live in the PNW water will soak the bondo like a sponge 

• Like 1

well i say fiberglass because it would be a bit more forgiving with the elements, and overall wear and tear.

pretty much the same process, just less absorbent than bondo,

its right behind your wheels, you kick up a rock  chip the paint, you live in the PNW water will soak the bondo like a sponge 

yup makes sense! thanks ill pick some up tomarrow and post more pics of the process