4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, its a much safer option to have each side shock on separate lines, I've heard of stories of these as rally cars hitting a pothole on one side whilst running air shocks and a single feed line, and it has caused the other shock to inflate, and cause the cars to crash due to the rear enn being thrown all over the shop, I'm sure its one of those rare events, but worth mentioning.

Also more common with towing and a pothole then greatly unsettles a car

okay cool i will look into that i will be running them low psi most of the time i will only air them up to drag race so the back dont hit the floor when i launch and so i can fit slicks under.

• 2 weeks later...

okay so worked on the 510 a little this weekend.

heater core was leaking in the car last time i drove it so i wanted to check that out, found out the valve was leaking and also it was full of crap lol

20170404_174026_zps1gxaei3d.jpg

i got some bumper overriders from hobbes few weekends ago, also going to be picking up some zx front brake from hobbes soon and when i throw those on i can do the rear disc brake conversion at the same time. its going to be great to be able to slow down safely when i do the roll races this summer.

20170319_183934_zps1cwkhsrc.jpg

in a few weeks im going to try and make one of these spoilers for the trunk to help a little with keeping the car down and they look great

(something similar to these)

Screenshot_20170327-130801_zpsumumvk2u.p

tumblr_m4jgygBlqJ1r3tmw0o3_1280_zpslderw

• 2 weeks later...

my 510 build will be on slow pace for a while, my father was recently diagnosed with cancer and all my time and money will be going into helping my parents beat this battle. thanks everyone for following my build and if anyone would like to help the guy who got me into 510s and has had hundreds of them we appreciate all the help.

https://www.gofundme.com/3o48ncw

• 1 month later...

Update: my dad is doing okay the radiation is starting to take effect on him and he has been really weak and throwing up alot but hes hanging in there only 2 more chemo appts left and about 10 more radiation visits then surgery everyone keep your fingers crossed please.

the car had a few things done when i needed some time to clear my head and try not to stress soo much, finally put a new clutch kit in rated for 600hp so should have no more slipping problems finally also got a lighter flywheel because i had a heavy hardbody truck one in it.

FB_IMG_1494275604821_zpsjh12v8wr.jpg

20170509_181240_zpshbxhzrfh.jpg

also since i couldnt afford a paint job for a while and wanted to look decent untill i saved up money i wrapped the car and it was a PAIN and never again lol.

20170415_184210_zpsxxo8g6rl.jpg

20170523_213239_zpslqksk4vr.jpg

20170524_173856_zpssqrbbvga.jpg

20170524_173913_zps78krdb3q.jpg

20170524_173936_zpswyhyjwxk.jpg

• Like 3