4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

Well its been a while but i started working on it again and im finally getting it tuned by a real tuner! My buddys at speedfactory in tacoma recently hired a nother tuner who is a dealer for nismotronic which is the ecu im using. They recently had a special on tunes and i made a appointment for march 21st!

20160205_192354_zpscc9puusz.jpg

Finally got it on the ground and glad to find out my tires wont rub anymore even at full lock with no camber so pretty happy about that.

• Like 3
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are you still planning to run 8lbs of boost?

dropping the car off tomorrow morning for the tune!~ill post a video of the final dyno pull and a pic of the dyno chart. hopefully i get around 220ish which will be plenty for how light this car is.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

a little update:

Took the car to get tuned after a few hours of partial throttle tuning it was doing great and then he started doing wide open throttle tune and the stupid clutch started slipping after 209ft lbs of torque.. which doesnt make sense because im running a exedy clutch set for a 300zx turbo which i feel would be plenty strong enough.

so i took the car home and ripped the tranny out and put in a act stage 5 clutch kit for a 350z which is good for like 800hp so it should do the trick now i gotta schedule for a partial tune to do wide open throttle.

• Like 2

Are you still planning to run 8lbs of boost?

i installed a electric boost solenoid so i can have it tuned on 14lbs but turn it down to 8lbs with a toggle switch. that way i can daily on 8 then turn it up if i need too.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

well i decided to start working on the interior some, i ordered some por15 and some sound deadning to lay down to quiet it up a bit, also decided to fix the huge hole around the shifter.

The tear down

20160616_183921_zpsa0lvogbk.jpg

20160616_183934_zpsdrmxvcju.jpg

The goodsss

20160617_113519_zpskzmfxab9.jpg

Started fixing the shifter hole.

20160618_155920_HDR_zpsqt7bxtzq.jpg

i also went to canby this year for first time without my car though :sleep: it was great! i got some parts i needed for my car, picked up some hood struts from the510keeper really cool guy also got some weld on brackets to run s13 rear disc brakes so ill be doing that soon.

• Like 1

Good to see updates on this car! Trans tunnel mod looks good.

thanks bud!

going to be nice to finally have no air leaks or anything into the interior i think the hard thing to find is going to be a good carpet kit. i think there was a guy on here that sold nice kits but cant find the post.

• Like 1

heres a few more pics of the floor finished it literally blew my mind when i went on a test drive how quiet it is now with brand new motor mounts and all the sound deadening in its like a brand new car.

20160619_201739_zpsoa0eyoqc.jpg

20160619_212120_zpsdnfw3pit.jpg

20160621_175950_zpsezzar52q.jpg

Also a little video of a quick 1st 2nd and little of 3rd. ill do another after it gets its retune next week on higher boost.

• Like 4

got the car tuned today, looks like i need a better turbo in my life, mine is having issues holding boost at high rpm so its currently tuned on 10psi but after 2500rpm it drops to 5ish psi to redline.

its fast enough for right now, it reallllly needs brake upgrades now before i worry about a new turbo.

the car ended up making 195hp and 260tq at 10-5 psi

• Like 4