4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see some updates. Can't wait for the video of...

yeah i cant wait either lol, only thing holding me back now is trying to save 600$ for the tune its hard since my checks are like 450 a week and i support my parents also but a few more side jobs and i should be able to get the money.

and i will have lots of dyno videos!!!!

Looks killer! So close!

Thanks man! cant wait to see urs running too!

• Like 3

Hope this thing makes canby!!

I hope so too man, its not looking good for a tune appointment so im trying to at least get a driveable basemap tune so i can at least baby it to canby.

• 4 weeks later...

Can I ask what radiator hoses you used and what sized outlets that ebay radiator is?  I used the jetta radiator and the factor ka-e hoses are too big, the outlets on the VW radiator are smaller.

I just ordered some Silicone Ka24e hoses for a 240sx i had to trim about 6 inches off of the front of both because the radiator is soo close compared to a 240sx. not sure on the outlet size though whatever a stock 240sx is.

I missed the offset  and width on the wheels. They look great.

I was trying to NOT buy some 15x8 +0 Rota Grid Classic for my flared car, and these look just as good.

They are 15x8 0 offset with 195/50/15 tires they fit great with no spacers front or rear.

That thing sounds so good just like that

Yeah im going to use a electronic echaust cutout at the bottom of the downpipe and run full exhaust so when i want it to be loud i can just open it up.

• 1 month later...

Havent been on here for a bit, ran into alot of problems.

Long story short, Paid for a tune, took it to the shop, tuner couldnt tune it, i got it running with a basemap from the guy who made my ecu and im waiting to find another tuner who can use his software.

but i drove the car to its first meet yesterday! which was also the first time ive drove it at all so i was nervous the whole time, especially on the freeway lol

i made it to the show fine untill i sat in line to get in and the car got hot because i dont have the slim fans hooked up yet.

datsun%20first%20show_zpscq7iwobb.jpg

on the way there i noticed a few things that i need to fix.

Transmission needs all new bearings and seals

Need to wire up radiator fans

Need to get a coolant overflow bottle

the trans tunnel NEEDs heat reflective tape on it (trans tunnel is super hot while cruising on the freeway lol)

• Like 5

Was cool seeing this thing make it to something, too bad about the over heat getting there though.

yeah i was glad i finally made it to something lol and i learned that radiator fans and overflow bottle is a must when sitting in a line to get in somewhere lol.

heres a few more pics from notrhwestnissans photographer.

x_DSC9185.jpg.pagespeed.ic.x_pvjD9cgi_zp

x_DSC9186.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qLGj1ilIN5_zp

• Like 3

beautifully clean!

Thanks i appreciate it!

what kind of internals are you running on the engine? OEM stock?

All new oem internals with ARP hardware and everything was ordered threw nissan no autozone or ebay stuff on engine. only plan to run 8lbs as it will be plenty to make this car hard to control lol.

• Like 1