4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did a little more work on the 510 today looks like because of the size of the radiator i bought theres only one place to mount the intercooler without cutting everything which i dont really want to do.

(cleaned off some of the loose undercoating and sprayed it with new undercoat.)

20141206_175311_zps5c1b6b67.jpg

20141206_180418_zpseed0a947.jpg

(finally got around to drilling out the front piece to clean behind it.)

20141206_200649_zpscb5a1f76.jpg

I need to shim the spacers they welded to the radiator so it will sit closer theres 3/4 inch gap with it bolted in

20141206_201844_zps374901de.jpg

20141206_201852_zps8cdcaab3.jpg

Intercooler is going to go here instead of the grill and the charge pipes will just go threw the high beam holes so i dont have to cut anything.

20141206_201837_zpscb56ed93.jpg

20141206_201948_zpsbf8b7842.jpg

20141206_202311_zps47979b97.jpg

20141206_202507_zpsa8648297.jpg

• Like 1

FWIW, I had the same size intercooler on a 510. I mounted it down low (upside down from how you have it) and cut the valence to fit around it, then ran the charge pipes along the frame rail and up through where the horns used to be. 

BRE spook covered the bottom half inch, and the bumper covered a bit in the middle, stopped just under the lower grill trim. I thought it looked cool, and wasn't too tough to do. 

FWIW, I had the same size intercooler on a 510. I mounted it down low (upside down from how you have it) and cut the valence to fit around it, then ran the charge pipes along the frame rail and up through where the horns used to be. 

BRE spook covered the bottom half inch, and the bumper covered a bit in the middle, stopped just under the lower grill trim. I thought it looked cool, and wasn't too tough to do. 

nice you have a pic of it mounted?

The sucky part is the lower valences are getting hard to find and id rather not cut it up at all since its in decent shape.

The sucky part is the lower valences are getting hard to find and id rather not cut it up at all since its in decent shape.

That's precisely why I took mine off, stuck it on a shelf, bought a new fiberglass valance, and cut it.   ;)

nice you have a pic of it mounted?

Sadly, that was about ten years and 4 computers ago...   :rofl:

I still have a pic of the way I did the cuts on the valance, if that helps.

I obviously make all my own shit.... But... In this case I would just buy Troy's kit. It's well designed and ready to roll :)

im going to order troys aftermarket bushing he made with needle bearings on each end of the bushing seems like it would work great and 85$ isnt bad at all.

Progress looks great! can't wait too see the end product!

Thanks a lot!

also got a question you guys may be able to answer.

ive mostly worked on hondas and acuras my whole life so not sure if this would be the same.

I took the front struts apart and on these shocks when you push it down it should come back up by itself right? because they dont and they are easy to compress only need like 2 fingers to press it down.

also the housings are 12.5 inches long but one had a spacer under the cap holding it in and the other one did not..

okay so they are blown for sure then.

so the shocks i have the body measures 12.5 and the only shock on the guide i found on here that is close to that is this

1982 Volkswagen Rabbit (front) Monroe part# 72878
Body type: T2
Body length: 12.750"
Compressed length: 14.125"
Extended length: 20.125"
Travel length: 6.00"

since mine had washers holding them in these should fit im thinking.

Stock for sure, I'm going to assume they have been shortened, the rabbit insersts should work.

okay cool ill order a set thanks a lot, shouldn't this car have bump steer spacers since the struts have been shortened?

if so is there something i can measure to see what size spacers to use or is there only one size.

(Sorry for all the questions lol)

Bump steer spacers are to correct the steering geometry after lowering. Since you shortened your struts you'll need spacers. I think I have a spare set..

nice if you could pm me a price i should be able to get them payday thanks!