4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

today i got the car in the air to check things out underneath and to check the differential fluid.

found out the driveline bolts were loose lol so i fixed that and changed the fluid in the diff out. the floors were better then i thought, i snapped some pics of them, just going to clean them up good and POR15 them.

Passenger rear

20140422_171446_zps721e0533.jpg

Passenger Front

20140422_171439_zpsec75ccb1.jpg

Driver Front

20140422_171433_zps4a36ab0f.jpg

Driver Rear

20140422_171452_zpsfea88fff.jpg

• Like 1

while i was under there i did notice my exhaust is pinched half shut in 2 spots from previous owners riding the car soo low, and the ebrake cable was broken and laying under there, looks like it would be easy to convert it to a floor ebrake with like the whole ebrake assembaly out of a civic or something?

im sure its going to be hard to find a new ebrake cable for 510 thats not rusted to hell lol, also the speedo doesnt work so going to check that out tomarrow.

while i was under there i did notice my exhaust is pinched half shut in 2 spots from previous owners riding the car soo low, and the ebrake cable was broken and laying under there, looks like it would be easy to convert it to a floor ebrake with like the whole ebrake assembaly out of a civic or something?

im sure its going to be hard to find a new ebrake cable for 510 thats not rusted to hell lol, also the speedo doesnt work so going to check that out tomarrow.

Some folks use the s14 Ebrake but im sure theres tons of different applications that will work

• Like 1

Got some work done today!

I put on some new brakes and turned the rotors.

(old)

20140423_181702_zps12b07681.jpg

(turned)

20140423_175108_zps03cc3cc1.jpg

20140423_180705_zpsc4330e84.jpg

Never seen slanted pads like this before and man were they hard to find lol!

20140423_180714_zps3c880b22.jpg

Also threw on some bumpers i had laying around.

20140423_191905_zps13c75889.jpg

20140423_191618_zpsc5e7c1f7.jpg

• Like 2

car looks good

I just roll it like it is.

throw that cvicc out of the garage and put the classic in there

haha i usually do the crx is my track car and im currently putting a lsd in it then it will be out of the garage for sure!

wheels look good, why paint them? is it original paint? or a cheap spray  

their original paint, they are starting to grow on me so may leave them gold for now.

Not sure if you were joking about brake pads but if you weren't ,, here is your stash of new parts. http://www.rockauto.com/

Those floor pans are outstanding!! hope to see you at goldens gardens on the 10th

Pads are easy. I got mine from carquest, had them in stock. Rotors are a whole other story.

ever auto part store in my area "tacoma" diddnt have them only place that did was napa and they even had to order them and i think they just make them their self because they asked me for my cores lol i was like?? brake pad core?? lol

ill try that rockauto site, ive been trying to find oe replacement balljoints so i can do the whole front end, ill try that site.

I worked on the interior today, took out all the "wet" padding under what was left of the stock carpet, cleaned the floors and put my leather 510 mats back in i need to locate the one for the tunnel which is probably impossible to find. And i actually bolted in the sentra seats that previous owner had laying in there.

20140426_171746_zps494b787d.jpg

• Like 1

Rockauto is really good but make sure the parts you get ship from the same warehouse so you dont pay extra shipping. Also be sure to check the rockauto discount code thread for recent discount codes. I try to buy lots at once to save on shipping costs.

cool thanks! i was just gunna place the order for all the balljoints and realized its from 2 locations and thanks for the discount code saved 7$! Just orderd both lower ball joints, inner and outter tie rods, tie rod adjusting sleeve's and rear inner and outter wheel bearings.

• Like 1

well ran into a problem today, i was bleeding the coolant system and letting it idle for a while and out of no where it dies.. i try to start it back up and just turns over and over and wont start. after getting the test light out and testing a few wires i tried turning the key on then jumping it at the starter and it started first try.

so somehow my ignition failed and when i go to turn the car over the ignition kills power to the coil. so now i need to locate a replacement ignition. or mabey a toggle switch and push button start.