Project Kaoss: Bagged and Bodied 620.

kaoss

Well, I was going to wait until I got some real work done, but here it goes.

Datsun10.jpg

Datsun12.jpg

Datsun13.jpg

Datsun2.jpg

Datsun4.jpg

Datsun5.jpg

Datsun6.jpg

Datsun7.jpg

Datsun9.jpg

Datsun8.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

Datsun11.jpg

Some rotten gas... It smelled so bad!!!

IMG_1284.jpg

The plan is a stock floor body drop on 18's. New paint, shave some stuff, and roll it low every were it goes. I'll be running the stock wheels until I can get some billets for it.

Picked the truck up four years ago for $425. The odometer says 48000, and the lady I bought it from said that it has not rolled and that it set in a field for about 20 years. The floor boards are rusted out, but the body is in really good shape. It ran good a couple years ago before I parked it. I'll keep this post updated as I do work on it.

• Like 3
  • Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I love that paint!! You just NEVER see them like that anymore.

Looks like a great project!

I tis good you posted it cause once you start posting here, you have more motivation to get out there and work on it cause you'll want to update your thread!

Good luck, it's a long road you're about to venture down. It will be full of fun times and times you will wonder why you ever started. Seems like yesterday that I started yanking the cab and bed from my beast. Looks like you've got a good platform to start with though.

Keep it up!

• Like 1
i'm with them on that paint job.keep it retro:cool:drop it about 4" with some steels,center caps and white walls.

I am going with a 2.5" body drop, this one is going to lay flat rocker :D

very nice! cant wait to see more pics! wish i was closer so you could help me with my sfbd :(

I can still help. All I have done is searched and searched, looked at other peoples build threads. I have also tried to read everything that Max Fish has posted or written. His thread on streetsource.com is awesome, and there is also a lot of good build threads there.

Good luck, it's a long road you're about to venture down. It will be full of fun times and times you will wonder why you ever started. Seems like yesterday that I started yanking the cab and bed from my beast. Looks like you've got a good platform to start with though.

Keep it up!

Thanks. This is my second personal mini truck build, so I know all about the love/hate relationship. You were lucky to have that fork list handy. We are pulling my cab off with about 8 fat mini truckers lifting with all there might.

The paint will go, but don't worry, I have a 3 toned vision that will make everyone ever forget about that paint.

• Like 1
on second thought, when are you dropping it? i dont ship out to afghanistan for a few months and am not working between now and then.......would you mind if i came and helped? i REALLY want to bd mine and seeing another 620 get done will i am sure help out a lot!

That is some dedication right there! This is going to be an all winter project. And with my new born being here next month, I'm not going to have a set schedule to work on it, I just don't think that I am going to be able to help you beyond answering questions on this post.

• Like 2

ahhh, i thought this would be a one weekend thing, lol. well i appreciate it though man! could you do me one favor though? if you can, take TONS of pictures so i can reference it as i do mine. i might just wait a few more months and do it in jan or feb. i dont ship out till june so....

• 2 weeks later...