Ka24de motor in my 1980 720

DruDown720

Ok I just got a frontier motor I had already up the motor from the L20b to a z24 but I just picked up a de motor now my trany will work I was given a 97 altma ecu but now harness for it will it all work and what other parts of the altma or frontier harness will I need and the mounting in the truck is not an issue

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im in the middle of doing the same swap except with a single slammer. the napz tranny will bolt to the KA as it has the same bellhousing bolt pattern. motor mounts are something to figure out, I used a frontier one and a 240sx one, motor sits pretty level and clears center link and crossmember. so like datzenmike said whats the question here?

Ok I just got a frontier motor I had already up the motor from the L20b to a z24 but I just picked up a de motor now my trany will work I was given a 97 altma ecu but now harness for it will it all work and what other parts of the altma or frontier harness will I need and the mounting in the truck is not an issue

Huh?

The 240sx EFI wiring is a separate harness. The truck EFI harness is integral with the main engine harness and much harder to separate out. Find a 240sx and swap everything (efi/exhaust and all sensors to your Frontier motor.

I think the 240mm Z24 flywheel and engine plate will work. A flexplate is what the starter ring and torque converter of an automatic bolts to. The plate between motor and trans is just an engine plate. The '85 and up Maxima with VG30 might have a 240mm clutch that might work but earlier L24 ones are smaller.