keep's killing fuel pump's

BEAST KC

my 620 keeps killing fuel pumps, first time i just replaced the pump. couple days later it went out again, replaced it again under warrenty. i was thinkin just a bad part, but couple days later went out again. so the third time i pull tank took it and had it cleaned had a little trash in it but no rust so i didnt pay the extra money to have it red coated because there was no rust. while the tank was getting cleaned, i cleaned the hard lines with carb cleaner and blowed them out very good with air. replaced all hose's and filter, even cleand the return line. everything seem good to go, got tank back put on hook everything up put in some good top grade gas. and it went out again took a little longer this time maybe bout week r two. i have no mech. expirence but i think something this miner i could do, what am i donig wrong. any advise i would be greatful thanks

also got another 620 thats starting to sputter a little to, could the enthol gas be eatting the pump up.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirt shouldn't be a problem as there should be a fuel filter on the inner fender just before the pump. I assume this is a replacement after market mechanical pump then? Also did you keep and use the 1/4" thick plastic spacer between the pump and the head?

If you want to avoid ethanol, use the mid-grade gasoline.  Low test is swilling with alcohol. 

Small engine repair guys will tell you this also. 

You'll even notice a small increase in mpg since there is more energy per gallon in gasoline -v- alcohol.

Friend has taxi company and buys fleet fuel.  Its invoiced as:  BLEND, UNLEADED, and PREMIUM. 

what i mean buy goes out is it stops pumpin fuel, i can take the line off the carb side of pump turn it over no fuel sprays out.

and my other 620 was sittin in a collection for years, looks like show room new. but last time i took it out for drive it started to sputter a little but it was on almost empty tank when happen, it my have bad gas settled in bottom, it was running fine and i assued the guy had drain it but maybe not, it has a og nikki pump. that way i think settlement is blockin pickup on low tank. also the place that cleaned the tank, though that i should remove the strianer inside the tank and add an extra in line filter. but i wasnt sure bout that idea so i didnt remove it, what u guys think?

What strainer?

If the pump does not.pump, there are several potential causes. Don't guess - test! It needs a supply of fuel, so test if the input line is blocked. Can you freely blow back through the line? It needs pumping action. Can you pump it by hand?