Blur's Current Porject

Blur510

I am in the process of updating my dime, I am getting it repainted (same color) because the last paint job sucked big time, I hope this time its gonna be better, Also I am gonna be replacing all the window rubbers. I didnt change them last time because I thought to myself, "this car is a race car and I dont care about it being loud" but I hated the fact that everything rattled so I am getting new weather stripping. I am keeping the SR20 but I am updating the components, I installed the ARP stuff (main bold and head bolt) eagle rods, JE pistons. I also got my pistons coated (I dont know why, but I tend to over do things) I am using cometic head gasket because i read somewhere that they are good (it also helps that they are bout 100 bucks less than the japanese stuff.. my old gasket was apexi.) also I am putting new HKS cams (this started it all.) at first I was just gonna do cams, but since I am doing that might as well change the valve springs... might as well put some Ti Retainers... etc etc... long story short... I ended up getting my head race ported and polished by Dan from DPRracing.

Now on with the ECU. my old Computer was SDS, which was really simple just 4 sensors and the engine is up and running. Now I am switching to AEM EMS (tons more wires) and I am a bit scared by it. Hopefully I get the engine running. I will post pics if u guys are interested in seing them..

I am here at work bored to death, so I decided to make this lenghty post... cya

Joel

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel the same way about weather stripping as you. I avoided it at first, a few months later I had new felt in all 4 doors :) even though its a beater I hate hearing windows hit metal! I to have the greatest engine ever (sr20) I am planning a few upgrades. Mine is down for much needed repairs. Like all my projects its not at the top yet, once I get a few more things taken care of it will come into the shop. I think we should start a management thread, not really to see who's is better just to kinda educate each other. I'm gonna run megasquirt on my truck because Slowdat and Cookapoop are. I see them do the conversion and I'm hooked, just tracking down all the parts looks like fun. You could post all you have learned about SDS, then you can post all the stuff you learn about AEM (I've heard tons of great things about it). What was your SR putting down before you pulled it apart? I know a guy up north with 450 to the ground with the mods you are doing. I love that about the SR such a great engine, and its so forgiving to. You should post some pics of the basic setup of your car. Like suspension and what ever else you might want to tell us :) Do you have a drink holder? Mine was a roll of duct tape but someone stole it. Right out of my car if you can believe that. haha anyways I got a pm I have to attend to :D

That would be a good idea, to start a Management Section. My old setup was basically a stock engine with ARP head bolts and a metal head gasket.Also I was running some msd 72 lb/h injectors. It put down 321 hp to the wheels at 18 psi of boost. I was running a bit rich because we are trying to be on the safe side. About the SDS, I like that system It was very easy to install and setup. 3 power wires (1 to the ecu 1 to the coils and another to the injectors) Everything was prewired just plug them into the sensors (MAP, Air Temp, Water Temp and Hal Sensor) and its up and running. I brought it to AEBS for dyno tuning, and it took them about 1.5 hours to tune.

It ran fine for about 1 year till i decided to do an update. pictures coming.

it did run great :) haha joel dude i cant wait for the ride after the "update" when mine and urs are done we are deffinately going on some cruises.

Haha I thought that was U... you spelled two correctly this time..

Anyways about the Management thread.. I will try to get my other friend to start posting, he has the microtek computer and his car runs great too.

Slowdat and cookapoop? How do u guys like the megaquirt? how hard is it to install and program? I hear a ton of god things about it. My other friend did an SR swap on his wagon and is having a hard time with the stock wires. He was telling me that if the engine doesnt start this weekend, that he is getting a microtek. But the megasquirt is cheaper, maybe I can suggest it to him? what do u think?

I honsestly cannot say either way about the megasquirt as i have not yet installed it. However, my honest opinion, I don't see how you can beat it for the price, I have stayed up for countless hours reading about the megasquirt, and other EMS, and frankly there is VERY little that the others can do that MS can not, right out of the box. There is an ENOURMOUS amount of support, and has been installed on countless vehicles of all types, so you will not be left high and dry.

Oh I see.. I have read about it a lot too.. And for the price I dont think it can be beat. I have a buddy that installs it on a lot of his friends cars, they actually tune the car in the street with his innovate LM-1.My friend will not be needing to buy another EMS as he got his car running. Which is way cool because now he can help me when its my turn to wire up my SR.

here are a few pics

Cam gears small 2_thumb.jpg

rears_thumb.jpg

engine bay small_thumb.jpg

front brake small_thumb.jpg

Nice pics man.. 321 is a great number.... fewww more than that is going to be insane!! Are you gunna go to Canby this year? Since there is no shasta :( Are you running stock TC rods? I have the T3's and am really happy with them. Just a thought I would mention them :) Are those ground control coil overs? Its late I may of missed something... O yes we should do the EFI thread. What do you think Tagen?

Nice pics man.. 321 is a great number.... fewww more than that is going to be insane!! Are you gunna go to Canby this year? Since there is no shasta :( Are you running stock TC rods? I have the T3's and am really happy with them. Just a thought I would mention them :) Are those ground control coil overs? Its late I may of missed something... O yes we should do the EFI thread. What do you think Tagen?

Yeah I have been looking at those t3 tc rods. now that u have recomended them I might just go ahead and get them... yes those are GC coil overs front and rears. the front im using Illuminas and the rears GC uses Konis

if you start an efi section/thread i will spend a lot of time there. Its seems like all i do these days is daydream about volumetric efficiency.

Me to :D

Yeah I have been looking at those t3 tc rods. now that u have recomended them I might just go ahead and get them... yes those are GC coil overs front and rears. the front im using Illuminas and the rears GC uses Konis

Sometimes I got the Eye :cool: I was just amazed the difference the TC rods made to the way my car braked. Mostly from higher speeds. I've had the aluminum with polly bushings and the T3's are no comparison.

The tc rods make it so you can let go of the wheel at 60 and slam the brakes and it stops straight :) its so nice, I bet it would be even nicer with the wilwoods..... I have a set of z32 calipers on the shelf of my shop :( Someday they will be in my car....

Care to elaborate on the brake setup? Where you got them, price, which strut your are running, brackets, etc?

Sorry I thought u just wanted to know what it is.. The setup I have I bought from Dave Turner Motorsports here in San diego. It is basically the same setup as the one being sold by Arizonazcar.com. Everything is included brackets and brake lines. I dont remember how much I paid.. but the website wil have the price. I also replaced my master cylinder with a wilwood master cylinder I go from summitracing. As far as the Strut. I am running tokiko illuminas (5 way adjustable) I think its for the 280z with ground control coil overs eibach springs 200lbs. hope that helps

• 3 months later...