little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

sounds like something that will have to wait until after I move and tells me I shouldn't try to get her running good so that I can drive her up there

Or would she be able to make the drive to sedro-wooley with the way it is?

Just top it off and you'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

started packing today and got little miss ready for the move (probably just going to be towed at this point)

IMAG0168.jpg

got all the little odds and ends that i've ordered for her since march inside the cab and bed and then random stuff in the bed as well. finally found a use for the net that the po left in the back of the truck

ordered some nos wiper blades off ebay this past week

IMAG0167.jpg

got an nos king pin set on the way as well (no oic till it gets here sorry)

and a couple of weeks ago i got the stickers i ordered from tristan. somewhat mocked up how i'm going to do the lid for my on the road tool kit that i plan on putting together while i'm working on little miss

IMAG0170.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

One thread for each truck is probably better. That way you can keep track of each build individually. I think of my project threads as a record of what I've done as much as it is sharing what I've done with others :)

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure, figured I would consult the powers that be.

Trying to keep track of everything I do here at least because if I don't I'll forget it all and at the same time trying to go different routes with both trucks so I don't have two of the same so I need this to help me do that.

Thanks for the input though, good point

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

and an update for little miss as well

IMAG0359.jpg

got her off the ground

IMAG0367.jpg

had her idling for long enough to warm up the engine surprisingly enough. thanks to gas can on the floor 

IMAG0368.jpg

before unloading

IMAG0370.jpg

couple goodies, king pins, grill emblems and wiper blades 

IMAG0371.jpg

brakes and radio 

IMAG0372.jpg

window and door seals

IMAG0373.jpg

seats and doors

IMAG0375.jpg

license plate frame and fender emblems

was happy to have her running today. she actually did a lot better than i thought she would. might need to get a fuel pressure regulator for the carb. carb needs tuned but i think i can keep the weber 38 on there. not sure, will have to get an actual mechanic to look at it with me at some point.

got the one half of the shop all swept out and started moving trash out of it to help clean up space. still warming up though i've been in the house for an hour i think

• Like 2

IMAG0379.jpg

i forgot to add, horns for little miss thanks to denmarkboy

Dude , someone needs a work party , you should get all those cool cats rollin to your place at the end of the month to grab some wrenches before burgers. I am sure they would be glad to turn some wrenches on it if i was there . You will be surprised how much gets done .

li'l miss will love you for it 

• Like 3

Dude , someone needs a work party , you should get all those cool cats rollin to your place at the end of the month to grab some wrenches before burgers. I am sure they would be glad to turn some wrenches on it if i was there . You will be surprised how much gets done .

Roy and I are going to poke at her for a minute. Just want to get her running before I really start getting into her. Engine first, rear end second, brakes and suspension third I think
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I like this idea :)

• Like 2

Roy and I are going to poke at her for a minute. Just want to get her running before I really start getting into her. Engine first, rear end second, brakes and suspension third I think

I like this idea :)

I will be bringing some tools and hope to have this running before we leave. I dont know much about carbs though.

now that would be a house warming gift for the new shop . 

• Like 3

so, turns out, i had a wire hooked up i shouldn't have. yeah, i'm that good

but she was running a lot better yesterday when everyone was here.

told my buddy who has my tank i need it back next month so hopefully i'll be driving her again within a month

• Like 3

went down to the shop to make the big shop door that i've not actually opened more locked-ish since someone decided to break into it somewhere between sunday and tuesday and ripped the hook out of the wall keeping it closed. had to wait on the batteries for my drill to charge so i started poking at little miss. cranked her up just to hear her run and get her fluids moving. then did a compression test. cylinder 1 at 80, the other 3 were at 60. didn't bleed pressure but it's low. i don't think i was doing it wrong. 

IMAG0469.jpg

and i need new spark plugs

1:IMAG0470.jpg

2:IMAG0468.jpg

3:IMAG0465.jpg

and 4:IMAG0464.jpg

not very pretty at all

and then i got around to working on the door of the shop

end result:

IMAG0471.jpg

2x4x8 screwed together and then into the door and the jamb with screws approximately every 6 inches. 

IMAG0473.jpg

took a smaller chunk of wood that was floating around in the shop and hammered it into the ground at least half a foot and then screwed that to the door

if they break into the shop at this point, they're trying extremely hard.

• Like 1

take all 4 plugs out hold throttle wide open and crank. the actual number is not as important as them all being equal. and make sure all the hoses on the comp tester are tight and leak free.

so just pull the plugs hit the gas and turn the key? Just trying to make sure I understand right
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

rolled the datsun to work today, met a fellow ratsuner to pick up a mac and cheese scented air freshener (thanks trophy24) (no oic of the air freshener until it gets hung later on)

and a couple (read all) of my coworkers give me flak for being the tallest guy in shop with the smallest truck so i had to take a picture next to the biggest truck owned by my shop

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

the sad thing is i did this with my s10 a while ago as well

IMAG0196.jpg

either way his truck dwarves mine. figured i would share, the little miss is not forgotten, just no time to work on her and i need to get some parts before i do. and put together my blue bike that is currently spread throughout my garage

garage:

IMAG0269.jpg

Man, your garage looks like mine. I have way too much stuff for a small garage! Good thing is, my 510 is small, so it makes the garage look bigger!!

Man, your garage looks like mine. I have way too much stuff for a small garage! Good thing is, my 510 is small, so it makes the garage look bigger!!

that's my old place. Was a single door 2 car garage that I did my best to keep clean. Much more spread out nnowwith a bigger house garage, seperate 2 car garage and a shop. Been thinking about bringing little miss up to the house garage but I'm going to be epoxying the floors sometime soon so I need to empty out the garage of 2 cars, 2 bikes and random stuff that hasn't found a home since the move. Might put the bikes in a living room

so i wasn't feeling like working today while i was at work so i asked the boss if i could get off at scheduled shift end instead of pulling 2 hrs ot

he let me

got home feeling good, buddy delivered girl scout cookies to work, the sky was blue, had all the windows down and the moon roof open for the majority of the drive home even where i got to open my new hotwheels package from kmart

and then while wandering around the house trying to find something to do out of the corner of my eye i saw a glimmer and upon closer inspection found little miss' keys. so i went down to poke around

IMAG0603.jpg

changed the length of the fuel line so i could put the gas can in the bed of the truck and took her off the jack stands and cranked her. first journey outside under her own power in i wanna say four or five months this time.

IMAG0602.jpg 

left toolbox looking lonely in the shop. that thing looks empty without her in there (it's kinda empty anyways)

IMAG0604.jpg

went down to the river after emptying out the bed and covering it with the cargo net so i was "semi" legal

IMAG0605.jpg

stopped by erics place to see if he was home. after being barked at and no response to the knock on the door took back off down the road so the old girl could stretch her legs

IMAG0606.jpg

back home and in the house garage. had dinner, paid some bills and went back out to look and smoke

IMAG0607.jpg

IMAG0608.jpg

IMG_20150217_191758.jpg

the last shot you can kinda see that there's blankets over the bed, did that so the cats wouldn't get into the bed of the truck and pee on the towels that are back there. also, gives them something to lay on if they can get past the carb and gas can smells

• Like 2