little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I'm lazy and don't want to drop the tank again just yet

Last time I dropped it I think I went all winter and part of spring without it due to my buddy not getting around to cleaning and coating it for me. He moved first and then I moved all in the middle

figured out what's going on with the rear brakes rubbing.....

20160310_153646.jpg

well shit... damaged rims and calipers both

20160310_154322.jpg

20160310_154330.jpg

20160310_160021.jpg

pulled some powdercoat off one of the calipers

20160310_160041.jpg

adjusted the brackets for the calipers, still rub rims. not very happy about this, at all. looking at 3/4 to 1 inch spacers which also means i need longer studs. thinking i'm going to steal hippies wheels (he says i can have them) to get me through the summer so i can driver her but i think i need to get tires for those wheels. not trying to spend money right now so the spacers and studs may be my best bet. just need some guidance in that area since i've never ran wheel spacers. any suggestions?

• Like 1

What you want is called a wheel adapter. Bolts on to your lugs and has new lug studs in the adapter, so you don't need longer studs.

Something like these

http://www.sixityauto.com/4pc-1in-25mm-thick-2000-2004-gmc-jimmy-6x139-7mm-to-6x139-7mm-wheel-spacer-adapter.html?gdftrk=gdfV28089_a_7c2660_a_7c11105_a_7c8013610746&gclid=CLO4l63qt8sCFQuPaQodPZQNig

8013610746gallery.jpg

Hun centric adapters are the best. They have a center bore that fits snug on your hub and centers them.

You can get them that just space your wheels out, or you can get them that change your lug pattern.

I have been running 25mm thick adapters on my Subaru for a couple years now, going from 5x100 to 5x114. They are not hubcentric, but I still have no complaints.

The only issue is when a lug stud breaks. You need a skilled parts guy to measure them and identify one that will work since you can't look them up by vehicle for the adapters. I work at oreilly and look up my own. Sadly, 7 out of the 10 guys I work with could not help you figure that out.

• Like 2

What you want is called a wheel adapter. Bolts on to your lugs and has new lug studs in the adapter, so you don't need longer studs.

Something like these

http://www.sixityauto.com/4pc-1in-25mm-thick-2000-2004-gmc-jimmy-6x139-7mm-to-6x139-7mm-wheel-spacer-adapter.html?gdftrk=gdfV28089_a_7c2660_a_7c11105_a_7c8013610746&gclid=CLO4l63qt8sCFQuPaQodPZQNig

8013610746gallery.jpg

Hun centric adapters are the best. They have a center bore that fits snug on your hub and centers them.

You can get them that just space your wheels out, or you can get them that change your lug pattern.

I have been running 25mm thick adapters on my Subaru for a couple years now, going from 5x100 to 5x114. They are not hubcentric, but I still have no complaints.

The only issue is when a lug stud breaks. You need a skilled parts guy to measure them and identify one that will work since you can't look them up by vehicle for the adapters. I work at oreilly and look up my own. Sadly, 7 out of the 10 guys I work with could not help you figure that out.

yes, this, thank you

It doesn't look like you would have to space it out too far?

half to a full inch needed. Just enough to clear the back end of the calipers. So as not to have to replace studs get one of the adapters at 1.25 inch. I think, I'll see if I can find just an ice but then the stock studs will poke and have to be cut or changed

half to a full inch needed. Just enough to clear the back end of the calipers. So as not to have to replace studs get one of the adapters at 1.25 inch. I think, I'll see if I can find just an ice but then the stock studs will poke and have to be cut or changed

spent money on this, will see if it works out.

20160310_174135.jpg

Picture because new page

• Like 4

Already bought them, was going to put the enkei's on to get her out of the garage tomorrow.

It's just the rears and I have some good clearance still so I wasn't too worried about it. Bring them over though, I might still be able to cancel my order

• Like 2

got my spacers in so figured i would see how bad the poke is on my wheels with them installed.

not fully torqued on the spacers and the rim is just sitting on the studs but i want to say the poke is acceptable for me

from the rear

20160314_190858.jpg

and closer to straight down

20160314_190916.jpg

i can live with it until next winter or whenever i get around to buying smaller spacers, if i do. might get spacers for the front to even it out or bring it closer. will figure out if i need to roll my fenders when i get my lug nuts in. don't have anything in m12x1.5 that'll fit in my rims to tighten down on them to put her on the ground. 

• Like 4

Looks good. I'd just leave them a poken! Or you could weld on some fender flares or glue on some plastic ones. It's Washington man, every bodies used to a little water spray of the lumber trucks. You'd just have to wash the bed more often.

• Like 1

Looks good. I'd just leave them a poken! Or you could weld on some fender flares or glue on some plastic ones. It's Washington man, every bodies used to a little water spray of the lumber trucks. You'd just have to wash the bed more often.

as long as they don't rub I'm leaving them. Don't like flares so much
  • Like 2