little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get an alternator from an early 90's hardbody with a single cam KA. 90 amps and internally regulated, also direct bolt in, just need a plug and splice a couple wires.

And unplug the choke heater relay or the battery will drain in about two days. Splice the Blue choke heater wire on the carb to the Red idle cut solenoid wire right beside it.

• Like 2

Yo , hobo . did you install that flexy back window yet ? or is that 600+ dollar sweety still chillin in the box in a dark corner ?

not in a box but in a dark corner, of my closet, behind some seats

don't want to put it in to take it out for paint but at the same time i want it in sooooo...... maybe next winter even if i don't paint?

• Like 2

got off on time today, went down to shop

my work station saturday and today

20160222_154715.jpg

and nice shiny holes

20160222_154808.jpg

seriously these aren't pretty but they get the job done. holes are oversized to make up for possible hole mismatch (actually came in handy too)

20160222_155349.jpg

shavings from today

20160222_163500.jpg

and bolted together to let the rtv set. had to put something in there because the spacers are aluminum. and really, i'm gonna have to clean these up at some point they real ugly. but they get the job done

20160222_163512.jpg

20160222_163523.jpg

used my valentines day present

20160222_163542.jpg

and my christmas present

20160222_163722.jpg

20160222_163925.jpg

thanks draker. they don't get hands as clean as the fast orange, but they do a pretty decent job

• Like 5

What you need is a big ass electric  diegrinder with an aluminum grinding/cutting bit in it and you can shape those plates slicker than shit..

lipersGroundfor15inchwheels074-vi.jpg

I realize it looks dangerous as fuck but it is spinning so fast it cuts real smooth..

And you didn't need those finger tips anyway.

• Like 3

Had a rotary file on an angle grinder to get where I got. It didn't like the .200 stuff. That and my 15 gal air compressor can't keep up with the angle grinder. One day I'll take the wheels and rotor back off and clean them up but just trying to get her back on the road for now

• Like 2

I could not put those on like that, I would have shaped them in a vice before installing. You had them drawn out already. Just my OCD kicking in. No one will see them, but you know how they really look and how you want them to look   :thumbup:  looking good

• Like 2

That's why i mentioned a electric unit ,,,,,,,,, picture was of air unit but that was just one off internet to show you the big tooth carbide cutter type i usually use,,

Had a rotary file on an angle grinder to get where I got. It didn't like the .200 stuff. That and my 15 gal air compressor can't keep up with the angle grinder.

and what in the holy shit is growing on the side of your garbage can??

20160222_163925.jpg

• Like 1

I could not put those on like that, I would have shaped them in a vice before installing. You had them drawn out already. Just my OCD kicking in. No one will see them, but you know how they really look and how you want them to look :thumbup: looking good

yeah it bothers me, just want her driveable again, might have that be my winter project next winter so it's not something I have to do a lot for, this year's project has taken way too long
  • Like 1

I sell ravens to tons of shops (I work at oreilly). We also use them. We tested one once. I put one on and used a flat head screw driver to stretch the palm till it ripped. I got over 3 inches of stretch out of it. I usually throw them away because my hands are so sweaty, Not because they tore.

The best hand cleaner is called Joe's hand cleaner.

407-105.EPS.JPG

I've used all of them and it's far and away the best. It's nice because it's waterless, so it works in the same situations as those towellettes. Rub it on then wipe It off on a paper towel. As best of all, it smells just like a banana laffy taffy!

• Like 2