little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Eccles started a new page so I have to find a picture

I have rain guards on the daily I drive the most, absolutely love them because I can smoke and not get wet while driving. Have actually installed the ones for little miss yet, they're in my parts stash in my closet for now.

There's me, Eric, and Rjawm in skagit. Jonah is up in Bellingham I think. And I think his name is jonah. There's also a house on cook road east of the tracks with a 510 torn up in the barn and a 521 next to the house. Haven't found rjawm yet but Eric lives near me.

I'll have to get little miss back on the road and drive over sometime. Or you can head over and bs if you like, the shop isn't winter proof though. And I still need a heater out there

• Like 2

Yeah I just noticed the 521 wasn't next to the house. I don't know why I thought jonah was up in Bellingham. Didn't know there was a datsun shop in mount vernon. Rjawm is somewhere on the west side of cook. Haven't gone in search yet, don't usually hit that side of cook.

I gotta fix the roof of my shop before I add a heater, or at least get an area that stays completely dry when it rains hard. I have a plan just haven't had a chance to actualize it yet. Eventually I'll have a wood stove, then I'll have to start stocking up on wood. Don't know what I'm gonna do for christmas

The storm came and went to the mountains and the mountains gave me this across the street

20151118_154423.jpg

It's usually only like 5 ft wide at most. So yeah, had to do some rearranging in the shop in case the water gets much higher

20151118_170801.jpg

Might be some slow progress in the near future. No promises

follow up on this, amongst spending time with the daughter, buying winter tires for the daily and spending time with female friend, hoping to get some time down in the shop this weekend. Going to be pulling rear tires off, hopefully get the rear drums, maybe get the backing plates. My mechanic lent me a 5lb (iirc) slide hammer to get the backing plates off. If I get that far, someone should receive a text.
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the other backing plate off today. Hopefully I'll get a little progress after Christmas since I'll be off from the 24th to the 4th. Much needed break and relaxation period from work. Will try to get a right up done for removing the backing plates. I don't know if there is one or not but hey, might as well since I went through it and know what's going on now.

Only two more trucks to do that on later on down the road if I get there......

• Like 2

Ah sweet,yea Jonah lives in mount vernon and has the datsun shop by dairy delite down town and I have seen that barn on cook road with the 521 tore up in barn ,my trucks in peices

Whoa!  A Datsun shop?  Like, one that specializes in fixing Datsun's?  My grandparents live up by Mount Vernon.  It might be a nice excuse to visit them and also get a professional to look at my truck.  My lack of experience tends to shine through all the work I do on my truck.

Your Little Miss looks amazing, though!  Great work.

• Like 1

Whoa!  A Datsun shop?  Like, one that specializes in fixing Datsun's?  My grandparents live up by Mount Vernon.  It might be a nice excuse to visit them and also get a professional to look at my truck.  My lack of experience tends to shine through all the work I do on my truck.

Your Little Miss looks amazing, though!  Great work.

It's a shop with Datsuns in it, not necessarily a Datsun shop.  :lol:

• Like 2

i have a creek that shoots off the skagit across the street from me and the actual river about two miles 

checked the river yesterday, was down to normal levels, haven't looked at the creek in a while. 

it's been keeping me on my toes though, i think we've had 4 or 5 different flood warnings over the past month

• Like 1

Went out to the shop and decided to fuck shit up. Figured I would take out my races since one was questionable and gonna replace the bearings while I'm in there. Didn't end well in my eyes

20151229_092741.jpg

20151229_092735.jpg

Did some damage to one of the housings, is this fixable or do I need to replace the housing? Is it called a housing or am I calling it the wrong thing?

20151229_092812.jpg

20151229_092826.jpg

Found what I consider to be damage on both the wheel bearings. Was debating replacing them anyways, now I will be

• Like 1