little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How fun was it to remove the bed bolts? Lol

actually wasnt that bad. Aft 2 on both sides were done with a ratchet, forward two were done with an impact gun. Sprayed with on blaster before even attempting to run then. Whole bunch if cheap came off when i started using the impact gun
  • Like 1

Those will clean up.  A sugestion on the little bags of screws, dedicate a cover plastic rubber made tub to put all your bags of nuts bolts and small hardware. 

My brother helped me tear down my front suspensin and steering and it took 2 days plus to reassemble it.  Nuts andbolts every where.  LOL But I am not complaining I enjoy working with my brother.

• Like 2

Those will clean up. A sugestion on the little bags of screws, dedicate a cover plastic rubber made tub to put all your bags of nuts bolts and small hardware.

My brother helped me tear down my front suspensin and steering and it took 2 days plus to reassemble it. Nuts andbolts every where. LOL But I am not complaining I enjoy working with my brother.

oh good plan. Because i have bags of screws and bolts and nuts in random locations already.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright story time

20161210_130505.jpg

20161210_132919.jpg

20161210_142401.jpg

20161210_142418.jpg

20161210_142425.jpg

A car buddy from work that lives not too far away came out to help me today. Got the bed off the frame. Not too bad looking under there, mostly just road dirt by the looks of it. I didn't see any real rust, just surface at most. Thought i was ready to go to pull the bed but as we lifted found out i forgot one of the fuel lines that run to that reservoir thing, can't remember what that's called. Bed is sitting on a couple home depot furniture dollies so i can move it around as needed and still work on it. My toes are pink and tingly and I'm back in bed warming up

• Like 3

Glad everything came off without a hitch, it can be really frustrating when bolts start breaking or head rounding off. Makes for a one hour job into a 4 hour job.

Sheared off a few bolts that day. Literally 3 of them. One on the pass. Side taillight house, one on each fender. Was being super careful as i went.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh.......I remember the days of tearing apart the ol' 521! So much fun and good times with all the old crap stuck everywhere. I was surely fun to do though. Take your time and get in all those little nooks and crannies. Looks good so far!!

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...