little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also, finally:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE, i got her running today, sadly i could've had her yesterday for the golden gardens meet-up but i didn't have enough gumption when i got around to leaving yesterday

ZOE_0001_1.jpg

everyone this is the little miss and sabrina at wal-mart  B)

IMAG0249.jpg

was driving around, no hood, no grill and i forgot to put the battery tie down on

now i need new headlights because the battery got to moving around and snapped the connectors on the one.

oh and she got an oil change today. after the oil change current state of the motor, new fuel filter, lines and pump, weber carb installed and working, oil change and battery tied down and de-ductaped.

IMAG0250.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

rolled the datsun to work today, met a fellow ratsuner to pick up a mac and cheese scented air freshener (thanks trophy24) (no oic of the air freshener until it gets hung later on)

and a couple (read all) of my coworkers give me flak for being the tallest guy in shop with the smallest truck so i had to take a picture next to the biggest truck owned by my shop

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

the sad thing is i did this with my s10 a while ago as well

(lost picture here)

either way his truck dwarves mine. figured i would share, the little miss is not forgotten, just no time to work on her and i need to get some parts before i do. and put together my blue bike that is currently spread throughout my garage

garage:

(insert picture of messy garage)

• Like 3

they are kmc xd122 enduro rims in 16x8 with 0 offset, i had to get them powder coated blue because they only come in black and polished. usually seen on off road vehicles, when i had the tires put on one of the guys in the shop actually told me it was the first time they saw such small tires going onto rims like mine. made me happy

• 3 months later...

IMAG0081.jpg

been a couple of months since i updated this. was driving little miss around randomly, mostly in town. attempted to take her to a meetup but only two people made it before me and they left before i got there. drove her to work and around town a few times. i think i may have put gas in her three times since she got to running good. drove her to work one day instead of riding because i felt she needed to be driven and i had gotten a speeding ticket that i had to pay. 

on the way to work she started sputtering a little on the freeway and a couple back fires on gear braking. 

ride home as soon as i got off the freeway i started having issues, trying to die when the accelerator was released and what not, compression start because i wasn't stopping due to it. upon restart she would backfire, loudly in the middle of the night in residential neighborhoods. parked her in the driveway and put her in time out. got to poking around while she was in the driveway and talking to friends at work and we came to a consensus that i had a fuel issue.

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0085_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

drained the tank today, started looking to see how hard it is to drop the tank and looking around underneath

and then i got to poking around under the hood while i was out and tinkering. blew out the fuel lines from pump to tank

this doesn't look right

IMAG0080.jpg

so yeah, need to drop the tank, clean out and coat it. 

• Like 1

so, got up this morning, cleaned my room while waiting for the baby momma to arrive for her visitation today and after she got here off i went to the parts house. picked up pb blaster, rust cleaner something or another and tank coat stuff. i had a picture but i guess i deleted it sorry.

then i got to work pulling bolts and getting dirty and yelling at my gas tank for one reason or another. 

IMAG0098.jpg

got it out

cut all the hoses except the filler hose because that one decided to tear and i couldn't get the old ass hose clamps off 

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

pulled the reservoir tank again cutting hoses to loose them

IMAG0104.jpg

then a second trip to the parts house in attempts to clean the outer surfaces of 41 years of gunge and replacement hoses

IMAG0103.jpg

then did this

IMAG0106.jpg

left the garage like this 

IMAG0105.jpg

i think she's a little to tall for how i want her, needs more lower

like, 720 4x4 leafs in the future and keep the 2 inch blocks that i found out she has already. been wanting to do a 2 inch drop from where she's at and thought i'd have to buy blocks

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

got to poking around in the garage today. 

fixed my messed up throttle cable on little miss

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

and looked under her, found a leak that wasn't there when i was driving and is kinda worrisome to me

IMAG0141.jpg

got upset while i was playing with the carb because i have no idea where my 13mm combo wrench went so i started working on kimiko (my blue bike) and she's starting to look like a bike again

IMAG0136.jpg

• Like 1

Went to the gas station and filled up a couple gas cans, figured I'll use it when I get the tank back on but it's worth finding out if she'll run proper with new gas. Held idle for a few minutes and then died. Wanna say lasted like five minutes without me having to hit the throttle. May have my mechanic rebuild the l20b that I got for toolbox and throw into little miss. Kinda heartbroken right now

Leaking everywhere. You will want to replace the pinion seal and reseal the diff to the housing.

sounds like something that will have to wait until after I move and tells me I shouldn't try to get her running good so that I can drive her up there

Or would she be able to make the drive to sedro-wooley with the way it is?

Damn I think if I rrecall mine is leaking too. And now I know. And that BIKE! :) whens it getting out on the road?

learn from my booboos. Best plan ever

And that bike, might not be fully on the road until next year and I will start swapping between the two. still needs coolant, oil, brakes (fronts are shot due to running over a bottle of something clear and oily either brake fluid or power steering fluid before she went down) and I need to finish up the chain as well as out all the plastics back on and replace the four bolts that hold the front cowl on. Engine replacement ended up running a lot longer than expected sadly. Ended up buying a new one due to lack of interest