hobospyder

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

just gonna start off with oics because i know that's all y'all really care about. '73 620, somewhere between 85k, 185k and 285k mileage on her with the original l16 motor and 4 speed tranny from what i've seen. i was using her as a daily driver until i got to the gates at work and had the carb decide it was done with me. currently have a weber 38 dges carb in the bed of the truck waiting for me and my buddy to have time to get into her and swap them, along with front disc brake conversion kit. picked up the truck from a kid in the area for what i know at this point as to much money, and i've seen the truck in the threads, can't remember where while i was creeping. i've had her for about.... a month now? did a basic tune-up after seafoaming the carb (which decided to crap out afterwards) needs an oil change, brakes swapped, new wheels for the brakes (currently at the powder shop) and she'll be back on the road again. decided that i would do the rears and master cylinder at the same time as the front brakes so i'm waiting on a little bit of cash to buy those at this point.

worst of the rust was on the doors as seen above, box is in pretty decent shape except for the blind rivets that i thought was from the bed hooks, really not sure anymore with how many there are. whatever the rivets were holding was ripped off leaving half of the rivets behind so they need to be drilled out and patched over. new doors are already purchased to replace the current. needs new windshield, windshield gasket, there's a hole in the drivers floor and po custom mounted a deck under the dash removing the stock bezel and replacing it with a cutout from a dc shoe box.

current plans are new paint job, lower (bag), wheels, brakes, eventually an engine and tranny swap (seriously thinking ka24de just so i can scoot around better), fix up the interior, new stereo and more speakers.

my first project vehicle and i got big plans with not much time to play with it but i know people that are willing to teach and aid me along the way.

previous pictures were from before i gave the little lady a bath, following will be after a wash

IMAG0085.jpg

love the mud flaps, those are staying

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

all four original hubcaps

IMAG0083.jpg

only one small issue

IMAG0084.jpg

suspension needs new bushings, possibly new springs/struts though they're still working after 43 years so nothing drastic
engine build (been planning just need to find the funds)/ 5 speed swap (have reported good tranny out of toolbox)

replace rear window with levan when paint
paint/body work/weather seals
steering (king pin, front bearings, replace anything that needs it, clean/paint things that don't need replaced)
reupholster seat/swap for zcar seats in my closet
headlights (ordered the dapper lighting)
clean up exterior lights, possibly swap to led (193 for all lights)
led interior lights.
floors/interior paint (possibly carpet)/sound proofing
exhaust (2 1/4 or 2 1/2)
bedliner
ebrakes
figure out rear side marker lights

• Like 1
  • Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wasn't planning on keeping her yellow. One of the two colours will be very evident when I get the wheels put on.

And yeah, dc emblem in the dash ish going to be replaced with a deck from retro audio soon as I get the money and a bit of time to do it. That and all the stickers in the back window will be removed with max 3 going on at some point, rearview is pretty much useless at this point

You probably ought to tinker on the hitachi and clear those jets anyway. If you're new to carbs you'll learn a little bit.

I suspect your weber 38 is going to be delivering a lot more fuel than an L16 needs, most swaps I see are to the 32/36

ANYway, great intro! Nice work and good looking truck to start with

• Like 1

Nice looking truck looks just like mine.  I hope you don't paint it!  Overall nice upgrades so far.  For the weber you may need to rejet it.  I had the 32/36 but didn't really like it.  Think it was a good choice to go with the 38/38 if you ever drop a L20b or something else in it.  If you can find the right fender badges I would get them.  Those are the wrong ones for the truck year.  Correct ones say "datsun1600" if originality is what you are going for.  

Welcome and looking forward to seeing more progress.

BTW nice duck tape on the battery  :D

Veronica Vaughn.

lol, took me a second to figure out who that was, knew the name just not the face

Nice looking truck looks just like mine.  I hope you don't paint it!  Overall nice upgrades so far.  For the weber you may need to rejet it.  I had the 32/36 but didn't really like it.  Think it was a good choice to go with the 38/38 if you ever drop a L20b or something else in it.  If you can find the right fender badges I would get them.  Those are the wrong ones for the truck year.  Correct ones say "datsun1600" if originality is what you are going for.  

Welcome and looking forward to seeing more progress.

BTW nice duck tape on the battery  :D

duck tape and badges are from po, debating whether i'm gonna keep them or not. will eventually be repainted, the paint needs to be redone even if i were to keep it yellow, surface rust in random places and along the bed rails. 

You probably ought to tinker on the hitachi and clear those jets anyway. If you're new to carbs you'll learn a little bit.

I suspect your weber 38 is going to be delivering a lot more fuel than an L16 needs, most swaps I see are to the 32/36

ANYway, great intro! Nice work and good looking truck to start with

i'm going to keep the hitachi and have it rebuilt, bought the weber just so i could get my little lady back on the road, i miss driving her

Nice intro and really digging the mudflaps. I usually have to first meet a car/ truck and spend a little time getting to know it before I can give it a name. I am sure you will come up with something clever after spending some time under her bonnet.

pretty much the same with my 4 wheeled vehicles, my bike had a name before i bought her. all based on the personalities

i think i may just stick with my little lady, she's seriously prissy like one