little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe when I get around to the body. Main concern right now is brakes and engine yaknow?

Yeah I have to find my oil leaks...All like 6 of them....and then I have to work on my brakes....p.o. Snapped one of the bleed screws....

Yeah I have to find my oil leaks...All like 6 of them....and then I have to work on my brakes....p.o. Snapped one of the bleed screws....

I'm gonna be pulling mine and doing a disc conversion. I could be persuaded to part with the original pieces maybe. That and you're not to horribly far away, never been to silverdale but it can't be worse than driving to yelm/lacey and back every other week on the weekends to pick up and drop off my daughter
  • 2 weeks later...

So time for an update I guess since I've found my thread again

Purchased and received: rear brake disc conversion and larger master cylinder, all around weather seals for Windows and doors, tires for the wheels (not installed, May shove the fronts on just to check clearance) retroaudio radio for when I eventually get around to doing the interior

Purchased and have to pick up stock tach and windshield on Sunday, get to meet a ratsun member in the process.

Installed Weber carb but managed to botch it so new fuel pump sitting in my Dd waiting for me to get home and have time to install and see if that was the issue or not since I'm not getting gas to the carb.

Killed my battery a few days ago because I forgot to take the key off run when I went to bed the other night when I figured out that I wasn't getting gas to the carb. May be low on gas, May need fuel pump, May need new hoses, it'll get figured out eventually.

Going to try to make it to the golden gardens meet even if I don't have my Ute running in time, would be nice to meet some datsun peeps in person and put faces to the names. Only got one datsun person in my life and she's not on ratsun for various reasons.

Yes I'm special, I can break a vehicle when I ain't even around it, I'm also at work posting on my phone so no oics right now sorry, maybe when I get home and I'm having a smoke I'll try to snap a few

• Like 1

so, here's the oics i said i might grab

checked the mail and got this

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

so when i'm doing the interior i can lose the dc emblem which is already hanging loose from me trying to see if the bezel was still in there

weather seals

IMAG0183.jpg

current stance from the me killing the battery

IMAG0185.jpg

weber installed.... ish

IMAG0186.jpg

box that came in on monday that contains brakes, didn't even have a chance to open it until today because of work hours

IMAG0187.jpg

came with my weather seals and made me oh so happy

IMAG0189.jpg

retroaudio radio that shall be fitted into radio bezel

IMAG0190.jpg

hitachi 2bbl sitting all dirty and waiting to be rebuilt and cleaned

IMAG0191.jpg

horrible angle but i put it there to get an idea of height with the rubber on

IMAG0188.jpg

motorcycle half of my garage is a rats nest of motorcycle and boxes and other what have you so i couldn't get a good side shot of the wheel, sorry. that and i'm way to worn out to try to install one tonight

• Like 2

Nice truck! I think the crab comment was about the fishermans net you have in the tub :) I like the blue wheels against the yellow, I'm doing yellow wheels on a blue truck. Can't wait to see them on and in the daylight. Good luck with the project  :thumbup:

Nice truck! I think the crab comment was about the fishermans net you have in the tub :) I like the blue wheels against the yellow, I'm doing yellow wheels on a blue truck. Can't wait to see them on and in the daylight. Good luck with the project :thumbup:

yeah the net has been removed, I don't even know where it ended up but I'm sure it's somewhere in my garage. Gonna be rocking the yellow with the blue for awhile, don't know when or even if this little lady will ever see paint but she needs it at some point. What's gonna be good is when I put the replacement doors in, those are blue as well if I remember correctly
  • Like 1

had myself a little bit of datsun motivation today, put on new fuel pump and filter and replaced the hoses that i could in the engine bay

IMAG0227.jpg

and then got bored and swapped out the remaining three tires that needed swapping

new:

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

old:

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

and then got even more bored and removed my grill

IMAG0224.jpg

and found a couple brackets i have absolutely no idea what they're supposed to be for while trying to figure out the grill (i'm a newb, i look and look before i do something so i make sure i can put it back together) if i can get some idea whatsoever as to what these are for and if i need them that would be lovely:

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

also, i don't have a horn, like at all. not that i can see at least. i was looking for it since the button didn't work while i had the truck running

oh, and i killed the battery again by leaving the key on run (i'm a dumbass who gets distracted, kill me)