Cam towers scratched

budsaipan

I've been battling on getting the valve springs removed for about a month now. Such a bitch to get the valve springs out!! While using a valve compressor tool, I accidentally scratched the inside of the cam towers enough to create a burr.

Can I just de burr this and get on with it or would I need to replace the cam towers.. Its right on the lip on one side of the cam towers..

Also if anyone has suggestion on the best type of tool to use to remove valve springs, let me know. I've tried vice clamp compressors, c-clamp compressors, regular valve spring compressor and even made couple custom ones.. Its a big pain in the ass.. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Search....

Valve spring compressor

Boom....

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/33977-valve-spring-compressor/?p=517729

I always search before posting. Posting is usually my last resort...

I tried three different kinds of those and it's not able to grab the inner springs... I think I have a nismo springs and its one heavy ass springs... 

sand it with some fine sand paper. the cavity will just fill with oil. I don't think its a big deal.

I have some springs out sourced thru the machine shop when I get the valves seats cut. then I install the rest.

Thanks, good to know since I didn't want to mess with the towers..

If you look closely.....this compressor does not grab the springs....it compresses them down from the retainer.

P1250002.jpg

I have Motorsport springs rated at 275lbs....no problems

I didn't have cams on there.. I guess I'll have to try that route. I made a homemade lever with the same concept.. I ended up bending the handle bar..  :crying:    ..

I'll check that one out. 

Ahhhh.....Me bad....lol

Didn't 'realize' your cam was still MIA

And yes....those compressors that grab the coils suck

..............................................................................................

I use a small screwdriver with a tiny magnet on the end to retrieve the valve stem keepers