A 620 stays in the family...SWDP !

Ok as of yesterday I'm now in the possesion on a 73 620. Im buying the truck from Gman [Greg] & i take no credit for any of the mods done to the truck. As it sits now it needs nothing done to it & pretty much everything on it is new. This was a chance of a lifetime & I thank Greg for asking me if i wanted to buy it & as the title states...shes staying IN the family !

I have a few small add ons Id like to do $$ permitting but that will happen in time. Ok onto a few pix...

2dt575t.jpg

21lsoj6.jpg

8vt6ol.jpg

2jac6pz.jpg

2jdgw7n.jpg

10fakd3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for the comments. I was floored when Greg called me & asked if i wanted to buy it & i still cant believe its in my driveway. I may reinstall some 620 overload leafs..the monoleaf for me is a concern but other than that ill just keep it clean & roll.

I spent today detailing it inside & out & then took it on a cruise :thumbup:

Heres a link to Gregs original build thread...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/10563-g-man-doin-some-tricks-today/

• Like 2

Heres whats what. Factory tach & gas gauge work. Autometer eng. temp & oil ptessure gauges are in the console. I dont have a speedo cable & i need to find out if i can make a KA one fit into the cluster. Ive installed early 620 mud flaps & my leaf spring / anti sway bar & currently redoing the hidden hitch that was on my 720.

Is this just with fuel injection then?

All my gauges work.  :confused:

Heres a shot of the flaps & leaf bar...i know big whoopie LoL. ...

12548k2.jpg

Got a quote to tint the windows today & the hidden hitch is mocked up & needs final welds & a paint job.

Curious on how much your quote was for tint?  I have gotten a quote for $50 to do the rear window but haven't shopped around.

We have 2 tint shops here in Bullhead & one may have closed so i went to the other one. $120 for all 3 windows & a 7 inch windshield strip. In AZ it's legal to tint the door glass so ill go 15% on the doors & limo on the back & windshield strip.

Nice!  Just a couple of quick questions I didn't find in this thread or the build thread.  What is that canister with the comp cams sticker on it?  Also - where is the battery and how is it mounted?

The cannister has 2 hoses coming off of it..one of them connects to the intake & the other to the brake booster. I need clarification from Greg but my educated guess is this somehow adds vaccum to the brakes. It has 4 wheel disc brakes & theres also an adjustable gauge inline with one of the brake lines [pic soon]. The battery is mounted in the bed  & it has a cover that hides it.

I hope the heat from the exhaust pipe don't have any negative effect on the airbags underneath. and I hope the boat trailer doesn't do the same on this truck like it did on your 720 kc sometime ago. that is why you modified the tailgate and frenched in the license plate

We have 2 tint shops here in Bullhead & one may have closed so i went to the other one. $120 for all 3 windows & a 7 inch windshield strip. In AZ it's legal to tint the door glass so ill go 15% on the doors & limo on the back & windshield strip.

Sweet!  I would like to know how you like the back that dark when you do it.  I was thinking the same but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been enjoying the truck alot & as time goes by making small improvements...some are needed & some are just for looks.

I finally have the hidden hitch, mud flaps & leaf spring bar mounted...

33w8w2w.jpg

i mounted a DS mirror & soon the PS will have one...

zyeiip.jpg

made a panel & wired in a power source to charge the cell & mounted a switch for the fan...

fctdp5.jpg

& i made a bracket for the carb return springs..the pedal was very stiff before & it's way softer now...

ke69sx.jpg

& yes it pulls the Boat just fine :pirate: