Ignition wiring help!

Dreadedz

Hey all, its Joey Dreads (A.K.A. Dreadedz). I have a 1970 Datsun 510 with the EZ Wiring Harness I believe, I did not wire it up. As the title says I need some help with the ignition wiring.

IMG_1542_zpsec4dca4f.jpg

The key tumbler has locked up on me 3 times in the past 2 months or so where it will not move out of whatever position its in. I took it to 3 different lock smiths to be fixed and re-keyed but nothing has stopped it so far.

IMG_1601_zps65b8d4b4.jpg

All that being said i've decided to go ahead and get away from the original key tumbler and make it work on a toggle switch and standard push start button. I took it to a shop to have them wire it up and the guy said i would need to run 50 amp toggle switches which sounded like a lot to me then he said i needed to install 3 of them just to run the ignition. Is this correct? Im not running any stereo, AC, heat, etc.. I really don't have anything special that pulls electricity in there so I don't see why it would need that many toggles. Heres a pic of the wiring I have in the car.

IMG_1418_zpsc5b1fd17.jpg

IMG_1415_zpscffaa315.jpg

I'm sure this has been done by a few people on here but I couldn't find any information on a push start button besides "Datsun Daves" which is NLA. I would like to wire this up myself so if any of you gurus out there can help me with which wires need to be connected to the toggle switch, which ones go to the push button, and what amp toggle switch i should have that would be greatly appreciated. -Joey Dreads

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic