• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys work so fast!

Joke? ^_^

This was shot in about 3.5 hours. Definitely a record for a complete teardown of a car in our shop.   :thumbup:

If they weren't a pain to realign, you guys should have taken off the doors.

Doors will most likely come off for the respray. Working on the best way to maintain alignment now. I may just knock the pins out so the hinges stay bolted to both sides? Wouldn't hurt to put new bushings in the pins anyway...   ^_^

Everything stripped out of the engine bay except the hydraulics...

20141129_122614.jpg

All glass and trim removed...

20141129_122624.jpg

Interior completely stripped out...

20141129_122717.jpg

Dash is out, but we need to clean some of that wiring up...   B)

20141129_122727.jpg

Everything out of the back except the fuel cell...

20141129_122745.jpg

Back glass came out in one piece. Front glass... Not so much...   ^_^

20141129_123721.jpg

Didn't really expect it to anyway. One of the reasons we are doing a full blown glass out respray is that the windshield had at least 3 huge cracks in it. It basically snapped in half the second we tried to remove it...  

Hoping to get started on some body work next week. Still waffling on colors. We were originally thinking of going back to the old black and yellow paint scheme, but we are kicking around the idea of either purple and yellow (Tim's choice) or all purple (my preference).

• Like 1

I'm sitting here on my purple bedsheets thinking, "This!  This is the EXACT color I want!"  I tried to take a picture but my crappy-assed phone camera turned it navy blue.  I may take a pillowcase to English Color, or Finish Master and see what they have close.  I also stopped by an hardware store and picked up some purple color swatches to look at next weekend.  I plan to go to EC and/or FM to get some of their swatches next Friday when I start my vacation.  

Oh, I just remembered my work phone is one of those Eye-Phone things.  I may see what its camera can do, color wise.

No joke at all. Watching how fast the sun beam moved across the floor that was great timing. It took me 13 months to remove the radiator and flush the coolant out of my A15... Then again that project has been dead in the water for a while now :(

LOL, my work phone is an eye-phone as well, I hate that thing but it takes great pictures o all the strippers when we go for "lunch"

Edit: Tim, that tire was why I was laughing so hard. Reminded me of my uncle driving home from the impound lot. His tire went flat 3 times in 10 miles :P

Took the picture of the sheets, e-mailed it to myself (and John), tried to load it to this site, was told I couldn't use that file extension, screamed at computer for being A RETARDED-ASS PIECE OF... and now I'm calm again.

• Like 1

Doors will most likely come off for the respray. Working on the best way to maintain alignment now. I may just knock the pins out so the hinges stay bolted to both sides? Wouldn't hurt to put new bushings in the pins anyway...   ^_^

I saw on one of the tv carshows, the drilled small holes into the hinges and body, then used the drill bit in the hole to line up for re-asembly. It looked like it worked pretty slick!

The lower valence on the car had the center cut out of it for reasons I'm not sure of (Tim?), and the hood had a vent hole cut into it for the engine that used to be in it, so...

Picked up a fairly straight uncut hood, and a decent lower valance, from a buddy who replaced his with new parts.    :thumbup:

20141201_124246.jpg

• Like 2